Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sumritz Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 09:57 AM
    Will I pass EtG test after 62 hours?
    Saturday I drank about 12 beers, stopping at approx. 2:00 am. Im a healthy 125 lb female with a fast metabolism. I am taking an EtG test Tuesday at about 4:45 pm. Do you think I will pass? (That would be about 62 hours after consuption.)
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2010, 10:19 AM

At your size 12 beers is a lot of alcohol. But females have a faster clearance rate than males and you indicate you have "a fast metabolism." The research on EtG is minimal, contradictory and inconclusive. Add to that that there is no known direct correlation between amount of alcohol consumed and EtG produced and you're in the land of speculation. Based on the only naturalistic study performed I'd say your chances of clearance at 62 hours are pretty good but awfully close. If a reasonable cut-off is used (500-1000) your chances greatly improve.

May 25, 2010, 10:25 AM

DrBill100, thank you for your reply. You are awesome! I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I looked up the lab that I believe will be used and it states they use the following cut off levels: RTL uses a 100 ng/mL EtG
    Cut-off level and a 25 ng/mL EtS cut-off level
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2010, 10:38 AM

100 is low level detection for EtG. EtS (ethylsulfate) is standardly at 25 as it is produced in less quantity but is longer lasting than EtG, though not much. 100 ng is known to regularly detect incidental exposure to environmental alcohol and simply creates problems for all concerned.

May 25, 2010, 10:41 AM

Do you see me still having a chance at passing?

May 25, 2010, 10:57 AM

Also, does drinking a lot of water actually help?
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2010, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sumritz View Post
    Do you see me still having a chance at passing?
    Yes. You're on the borderline. There is absolutely no way of predicting but in your favor is the fact that EtG testing is overblown. "Up to 80 hours"
    Is more akin to marketing than science.

Please let me know.
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2010, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sumritz View Post
    Also, does drinking a lot of water actually help?
    Ethanol, and it's metabolites are hydrophilic meaning they are attracted to and rapidly diffuse into available water. I can't advise you specifically on that but you should be able to decide based on the properties noted.

May 25, 2010, 11:21 AM

Thank you
    brwnboy313 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2010, 01:31 PM
    DId u pass you test?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a detox that will pass the ETG alcohol test [ 3 Answers ]

I have to take the ETG alcohol test Monday. I consumed 3 beers today (sat) & 3 on Friday.. Is there some kind of detox that will help me pass the test??

Will I pass an ETG test after drinking one beer [ 7 Answers ]

I drank one beer at 8PM with dinner and thereafter started flushing my system with water after I knew I messed up. I got up and went to the gym for 2 hours. Drank liter after liter of water and green tea. I took vitamin B and C and creatine (sp) to hopefully combat the diluted urine. I pissed...

How do I pass an EtG alcohol test? [ 8 Answers ]

I drank last and really regret it because I am not suppose to be drinking, but I found out today that I have to take an EtG test in the morning, and am wondering if anyone knows from experience how to pass it? I am not going to drink anymore because it is not worth this much stress, but I am moving...

Pass an EtG test [ 9 Answers ]

Is there anyway to pass an EtG test while still drinking How can you pass an EtG test and still drink How many beers can you drink andstill pass a EtG test

View more questions Search