Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rob0411 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 08:16 AM
    I was convicted of a felony and did 7 months... does it matter how much time you did or is a felony is a felony... my finace is from canada and I would like to visit. I really could care less about visiting Canada if they are going to make it that difficult but for her I am willing to try. Any advice??

Thxs
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2008, 01:01 PM
    Moved to its own post
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 21, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Hello robo:

If Canada has a choice, they'll probably keep you out. That means if you ask, they'll say no. However, if you enter by driving through, I'd say you have a 50/50 shot at getting waved through.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0411
    I was convicted of a felony and did 7 months....does it matter how much time you did or is a felony is a felony......my finace is from canada and I would like to visit. I really could care less about visiting Canada if they are going to make it that difficult but for her I am willing to try. Any advice???

Thxs

Yes, a felony is a felony. I don't know "Canada" would make it hard on your fiancé - it's you they may or may not let in. Who cares who she dates - ? Obviously if you get stopped and held for questioning, she gets stopped and held for questioning, too.

Don't know what your felony was for but I understand at the moment Canada is not allowing convicted DUI/DWI (whatever it's called in your area) into the country (if the computer kicks out your name).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Travel to Canada for convicted felon [ 4 Answers ]

Having been convicted of a State Jail Felony in Texas in 1996 will there be an issue with entering Canada on a business trip?

Convicted Felon Travel to Canada [ 5 Answers ]

I have a friend who was convicted of a Class I felony, and has recently completed his probation. He wants to drive up into Canada. Will he have problems getting into and out of Canada with only a birth certificate? (It's my understanding the birth certificate is good for land travel through the...

Can a convicted felon get into canada? [ 1 Answers ]

He already has a passport it may have to be renewed and he got it after he was convicted he had went to the Bahamma's with no problem... but can he drive in with his family or does he have to fly ?:confused:

How does an X felon visit Canada legally? [ 3 Answers ]

I am writing for a friend of mine, both of us are interested in eventually purchasing property in Canada together. I have a misdemeanor for being an environmental activist performing an illegal act; my friend is a released felon for selling marijuana several years ago. My friend told me he...

View more questions Search