Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clair14's Avatar
    Clair14 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #1

    Feb 3, 2013, 06:59 AM
    Employer got caught stealing
    Please help me I don't know what to do first time in my life happen to me this. I got caught of my employer stealing their coins from their house.. he let me go and say go home and relax after 2 days now no cops calling.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,304, Reputation: 7691
    Expert
     
    #2

    Feb 3, 2013, 07:14 AM
    Ok, You stole or your boss stole.

    Your post is just not clear.

    Who called the police,
    Clair14's Avatar
    Clair14 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #3

    Feb 3, 2013, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Ok, You stole or your boss stole.

    your post is just not clear.

    who called the police, ?
    Sorry english is not my first language... I stole their money
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,304, Reputation: 7691
    Expert
     
    #4

    Feb 3, 2013, 07:24 AM
    Ok, police can take weeks to get around to coming to talk to you. Or they may go though grand jury and just get a warrant for you.
    Or of course boss may not want this public, ( hurt his business) and may have not reported it
    Clair14's Avatar
    Clair14 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #5

    Feb 3, 2013, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Ok, police can take weeks to get around to coming to talk to you. or they may go though grand jury and just get a warrant for you.
    Or of course boss may not want this public, ( hurt his business) and may have not reported it
    Im so nervous and feeling sick right now. I txted her wife that night after her husband let me go from his house.. he still nice at me after happened but I do understand why he upset and disappointed.. anyway I txted her wife and I apologize to the rest of the family what I did.. and she repliedme that she's disappointed what I did.. now she said what she wants for me is to return the money I took.. and just be honestand take responsibility..
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,304, Reputation: 7691
    Expert
     
    #6

    Feb 3, 2013, 07:44 AM
    Sounds like if you give money back, they are not going to do anything,
    Clair14's Avatar
    Clair14 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #7

    Feb 3, 2013, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clair14 View Post
    Im so nervous and feeling sick right now. I txted her wife that night after her husband let me go from his house..he still nice at me after happend but i do understand why he upset and disappointed..anyway i txted her wife and i apologize to the rest of the family what i did..and she repliedme that shes disappointed what i did..now she said what she wants for me is to return the money i took ..and just be honestand take responsibility..
    Please what I'm going to do? Am I going to call them and talked to them? And give the money? Or I just wait until they call me?
    odinn7's Avatar
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert
     
    #8

    Feb 3, 2013, 07:47 AM
    Give the money back. That's what they asked for so why are you unsure? Give it back.
    Clair14's Avatar
    Clair14 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #9

    Feb 3, 2013, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clair14 View Post
    Pls what im going to do? Am i going to call them and talked to them? And give the money? Or i just wait until they call me?
    But the problem is I am doing this very long time with them but when they caught me I just told them I just did only one time and I did it again that's when they caught me.. do I tell them that I've been doing this very long time
    Clair14's Avatar
    Clair14 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #10

    Feb 3, 2013, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Give the money back. That's what they asked for so why are you unsure? Give it back.
    If I'm going to return the money do I show up to their house without their permission or call them first before I meet them
    odinn7's Avatar
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert
     
    #11

    Feb 3, 2013, 07:51 AM
    It's almost like we're supposed to feel sorry for you... but here you are saying that you have been doing this to them for a long time... and from what you said, they sound like decent people. However, I think you are only upset now because they caught you... otherwise you would still be doing it to them

    Call them and tell them you want to return it..

    All I can tell you is to give them the money back... what you say or do after that is up to you.
    Clair14's Avatar
    Clair14 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #12

    Feb 3, 2013, 07:59 AM
    [QUOTE=odinn7;3386818]It's almost like we're supposed to feel sorry for you... but here you are saying that you have been doing this to them for a long time... and from what you said, they sound like decent people. However, I think you are only upset now because they caught you... otherwise you would still be doing it to them
    I know that its wrong thing to do but I learned a lesson for this I thought they never caught me... ps help me I really feel sorry and I'm aware what I've done.. I just don't want to have a criminal record.. I know its my fault I just don't know if I will going to tell all the truth or just stick what I said And return the money.. after this I never do it again for sure because I don't realized that it is hard and scary... Please I know you are mad at me too please just want help..
    Clair14's Avatar
    Clair14 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #13

    Feb 3, 2013, 08:31 AM
    [QUOTE=Clair14;3386826]
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    It's almost like we're supposed to feel sorry for you....but here you are saying that you have been doing this to them for a long time....and from what you said, they sound like decent people. However, I think you are only upset now because they caught you....otherwise you would still be doing it to them
    I know that its wrong thing to do but i learned a lesson for this i thought they never caught me...ps help me i really feel sorry and im aware what ive done..i just dont want to have a criminal record..i know its my fault i just dont know if i will going to tell all the truth or just stick what i said And return the money ..after this i never do it again for sure coz i dont realized that it is hard and scary... Pls i know you are mad at me too pls just want help..
    Please help me I'm not that bad person.. is just I was attempted to do this stupid things for the past month because of financial difficulty. I hope you could help me what is the right thing to do.. I love this family but the stupid thing I did I lose them.
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert
     
    #14

    Feb 3, 2013, 08:40 AM
    Go knock on the door with the money, whatever you took and whatever you can of what you have taken before.

    Don't say ONE word of excuses about your finances. Just say 'I'm sorry' and leave.
    Clair14's Avatar
    Clair14 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #15

    Feb 3, 2013, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Go knock on the door with the money, whatever you took and whatever you can of what you have taken before.

    Don't say ONE word of excuses about your finances. Just say 'I'm sorry' and leave.
    What if they going to ask me question how long I been doing that to them.. im willing to tell the truth but I'm scared maybe they are going to call the police
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert
     
    #16

    Feb 3, 2013, 09:19 AM
    What if, what if. You don't have the luxury of sitting around wondering. The sooner you go, the better. They sound like very nice people. HIDING and worrying and waiting and making yourself sick is far worse than knocking on their door.

    And texting an apology is cowardly. Sorry. You ALWAYS apologize in person. You hand them the money, you say you are sorry, and you turn around and walk away. If they call you back to talk, you go back and talk. You make NO EXCUSES.
    Clair14's Avatar
    Clair14 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #17

    Feb 3, 2013, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    What if, what if. You don't have the luxury of sitting around wondering. The sooner you go, the better. They sound like very nice people. HIDING and worrying and waiting and making yourself sick is far worse than knocking on their door.

    And texting an apology is cowardly. Sorry. You ALWAYS apologize in person. You hand them the money, you say you are sorry, and you turn around and walk away. If they call you back to talk, you go back and talk. You make NO EXCUSES.
    Ok, I will go and give the money as soon as possible. But my problem right now how much do I give to them.. am I going to give to them the amount that I told too. Because I don't tell them the amount I took before...
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert
     
    #18

    Feb 3, 2013, 09:57 AM
    I'm not so sure it's the amount that is as important as the gesture.
    Clair14's Avatar
    Clair14 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #19

    Feb 3, 2013, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I'm not so sure it's the amount that is as important as the gesture.
    Thank you so much for your help.. I hope its not too late until tomorrow because I'm currently looking for help to borrow a money
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert
     
    #20

    Feb 3, 2013, 03:12 PM
    Just go with what you have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

I got caught stealing: I'm 18 [ 6 Answers ]

I got caught stealing yesterday and I am 18. I stole 270 worth of clothing from Von Maur and they told me they would not put me in jail. They gave me a misdeamenor and this is my first offense. I am very scared about the consequences of the outcome of the court and need some advice on how to...

I got caught stealing from walmart in pa [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 20yo that was caught stealing from walmart the stuff I got came to like $30 I was stopped at the door and taken to the back room and asked for my id and everything had me sign a paper saying they can take my picture they let me go without calling the cops the guy said I would get a letter in...

I think I got caught stealing from my employer! HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

So embaressed to admit this... but I've stolen from my employer... to be specific,the registers... not a lot but a few dollars here and there never more then 5$.. I know it still doesn't make it o.k.. so my loss prevention came to our store for a "routine audit" and interviewed the employees that...

Im 18 and got caught for stealing. Please help me out, I'm going crazy! [ 28 Answers ]

So yes I stole, and I know how wrong it is. I regret it not only because I got caught but because its against my religion. This could have all been avoidable but I did commit the crime. The security guy said I am being sued by Winners and will get a letter in the mail any where from a week-3...

Caught stealing [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I did the same mistake as you. I ate a couple of chocolate bars in zellers and the police gave me a ticket for 65 dollars, but he said that it will not stick on my record. However, I don't know as to how much I am going to pay zellers- 100? Or more? Any ideas?


View more questions Search