Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    finseth's Avatar
    finseth Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 21, 2007, 02:14 AM
    How can I cash out excess money I paid on my credit card
    I like to keep a zero balance on my credit cards thus pay off the amount in full. I recently had some refunds on items purchased so my credit balance is negative. If I take a cash withdrawal on the credit card -- will they still charge a fee? I want to cash out the money since I want to close the card.
    curlybenswife's Avatar
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

    Feb 21, 2007, 02:22 AM
    Yes they will do Not take the money out of a machine on it, ring them and tell them you wish to receive your balance and they will do what's needed.
    Cash withdrawl on a credit cards are normally charged at a much higher rate than purchases so go careful.
    CaptainForest's Avatar
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

    Feb 21, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Why not just go out and use the credit card to buy other things you need? That will get rid of the credit balance.

    And why are you going to close it? It seems silly to close a card that you have a credit history with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit rating: Settled vs Paid [ 1 Answers ]

A few years ago, we ren into financial hardship. I contacted one of our credit card companies to ask them to work out a payment arrangement with me. They refused because my acount was "in good standing". Well, we defaulted on the payments as I warned them may happen. They rapidly inflated the...

Just found a Judgement on my credit that was paid before court? [ 5 Answers ]

I ran my credit report for the first time in 4 years. I see I have a judgement in the public record section. This debt was paid in full 1 day before the court date!! I have the proof that I paid the debt in Full. Does anyone have any idea how I go about having that judgement totally removed from...

Was paid with cash and check, no 1099 [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am an F-1 OPT student who did some freelance work last year. I earned about $4500 from one job, $1200 from another and $1000 from the last. The thing is, I have not received tax paper work from the job that I earned $4500 from. I couldn't get in touch with my employer. I realize now...

How do we get a paid judgement off our credit reports [ 1 Answers ]

A company placed a judgement against my husband because they could not find his partner who had bought our company. We paid the judgement and have the paperwork stating this. How do we get this off our credit report? Sandy Murdock

View more questions Search