Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NJ Bennett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Sewing Machine Manual Needed - Capitol Model 300

We bought a Capitol Sewing Machine Corp. sewing machine Model 300.

Searching the internet for "Capitol Sewing Machine" and got a number of hits for an Indian (Asian) company and for one additional Model 300 for sale of the type we have.

Our sewing machine was made by:
    Capitol Sewing Machine Corp.
    921 Eisenhower Blvd.
    Harrisburg, PA 1711

It was apparently manufactured in the late Jurassic period, and no fossils of its manual appear to have survived the last Ice Age.

HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!
    joannesmithdrak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 10:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Bennett View Post

We bought a Capitol Sewing Machine Corp. sewing machine Model 300.

Searching the internet for "Capitol Sewing Machine" and got a number of hits for an Indian (Asian) company and for one additional Model 300 for sale of the type we have.

Our sewing machine was made by:
    Capitol Sewing Machine Corp.
    921 Eisenhower Blvd.
    Harrisburg, PA 1711

It was apparently manufactured in the late Jurassic period, and no fossils of its manual appear to have survived the last Ice Age.

HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!
    My answer: I just bought another Capitol Sewing Machine, but it is model 600, BUT IT DOES HAVE A MANUAL. There might be something in it of use. Let me know.

joannesmithdrak

I'm just learning--to repeat, I just bought a Capitol Sewing Machine, Model 600. It does have a munual, and there may be useful information for the Model 300. I've not tried to use the machine yet, but will log again with my experience in that effort. My concern is reference to two different cams, and the machine has only one--Ill have to experiment.

joannesmithdrak
    spavlik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2009, 01:00 PM
    Hi, I have an instructional manual for a Capitol Sewing Machine 300. I also have the sewing machine for sale as well.
    LillieNoelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 05:05 PM
    Hi
    I had a sewing machine given to me a few years ago. It is a Capital 300 model and I do not have an operating manual. Does someone have one? It sounds like it is the same as the one NJ Bennett posted about two years ago. It was made in Harrisburg, PA.

Help!
    garrybennett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2009, 10:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spavlik View Post
    Hi, I have an instructional manual for a Capitol Sewing Machine 300. I also have the sewing machine for sale as well.
    This is Garry, writing for Norma Jeanne.
    Today, by accident, I came across askmehelpdesk.com and found your response to N.J.'s query. We sent the query in to "Oklahoma Living" two years ago and never heard a thing. Today, I found out that you tried to help us out way back then. We still need the manual! let me know if you still have the manual for the Model 300. If you still do, I want to borrow / rent / buy the manual. If you have sold the sewing machine and no longer have the manual, PLEASE help me get in contact with the purchaser of the machine so I can ask for the new owner's help.

Garry and Norma Jeanne Bennett
    nessa556 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2010, 01:48 PM
    I need an instruction manual as well. I can't find one anywhere; not online and not at any places in town (no-one can even order it). Please contact me if you have one and are willing to share or sell. Thank you!
    billm9555 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 06:50 AM
    Okay who has the goods? I need it too. Please send copy Capital sewing machine manual model 300 serial 200642.

Thanks
    flygirl621 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2010, 12:04 PM
    I have a manual for the Capitol 300 sewing machine along with a machine...
    gabby1girl1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2010, 06:36 PM
    How fun is this?? My 94 year-old mom has a Capital 600... when she was moved into assisted living, somehow the box with the foot pedal was misplaced. She always used the knee attachment but the cord for that is missing, too. Does anyone know if there is one or the other out there or if I can order one or both for her. She wants to make curtains for her new "digs"... did you get that she is 94??

Thanks so much
    Gloria
    BufordGA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2011, 11:10 AM
    I have a Capital 600 with all the tools and manual how much can I get for it?
    theorganicpet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2011, 07:22 AM
    Wow-I can't figure out how to thread the thing-any ideas?
    Thanks-
    frazzlebottom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2011, 11:17 AM
    I have a manual!!
    Would be willing to copy or scan and mail or e-mail.

Garry
    cscale22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 04:24 PM
    I am also looking for a manual for the Capitol sewing machine Model 300, made in Harrisburg PA. Does it have a diagram of how to thread it? Would someone be able to email me a scanned copy of the manual. Thanks!
    Khaylin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2012, 09:58 PM
    I have a Capitol Model 300 instruction manual from Capitol Sewing Machine Corp. 921 Eisenhower Boulevard, Harrisburg, Pa. if anyone is still in need of it.

Quote Originally Posted by spavlik View Post
    I have one if you still need it.
    cavagnuolo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2012, 10:50 AM
    I have one also and was just wondering if you found the value of it. Mine is in mint cond. Hardly ever used just sat in closet for last 40-50 years. Model 600

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sewing machine [ 3 Answers ]

I have a singer model 457 I can not get the needle to pick up bobbin thread

Fashion/Sewing/Design Guru Needed [ 4 Answers ]

I am in search of a person with Fashion Design expertise within the Atlanta, Georgia-Florida area. I have a phenomenal idea for a new clothing line but lack the ability to sew. I've wrestled with this idea for a year now and I am finally ready to make a move-then I realized I didn't know where...

Sewing Machine Western 300 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I'm actually looking for some information on a tailor sewing machine we have in our possession. It is a model Western 300 (20x48) and we are wanting to sell. I do not know who to turn to in order to sell the item nor do I have any idea what it is worth. Help anyone? Thanks, Marie

Bobbin in Singer Sewing Machine Zig-Zag Model 413 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi... Every time I try to put the bobbin in and thread the needle in my sewing machine, it gets jammed and makes clunky noises. Can somebody give me detailed instructions from threading the needle, to winding the bobbin, to getting everything in place? Thanks,, :p

Old sewing machine [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old black electric sewing machine in wooden cabinet with the brandname UNIVERSAL (made in Japan). I do not know how old it is but would like to know how to find a manual for it and also an estimate of the value. I have been unable to find any info on this brand anywhere. Please help

View more questions Search