yoshiloli's Avatar
    yoshiloli Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    Top model in Fashion industry

#1

Mar 2, 2019, 10:57 AM
    Should I knit with alpaca wool or sheep wool?
    The question is that because I heard alpaca wool is warmest than sheep wool.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,771, Reputation: 5427
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

#2

Mar 2, 2019, 11:31 AM
    Is alpaca fleece warmer than sheep’s wool?
    Yes, alpaca tends to be warmer than sheep’s wool. Alpaca fibers are completely hollow, whereas sheep’s wool contains pockets of air. Much like polar bear fur, both fibers allow air to permeate the surface and become trapped inside for a warm wearing experience. Alpacas have an advantage over wool though because of the extra hollow space in the fiber. This additional space creates a greater thermal capacity and allows for more warm air to fill the textile and provide extra warmth over its sheep’s wool counterpart.
    https://alpacasofmontana.com/pages/why-alpaca
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,280, Reputation: 7690

#3

Mar 2, 2019, 04:25 PM
    Ok, I love the sheep photo...

And I will just add, that having used both, I prefer alpaca much more.

Using steel wool [ 1 Answers ]

I want to clean the pedestal of a kitchen table. The pedestal is stainless steel. There is no paint on it. Just stainless steel needs to be cleaned. Is Extra Fine Steel Wool No. 000 the correct to use ? There is also a finer steel wool. Please advise. Thanks

Lead wool plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pinhole leak (very small) in a steam return line.Can I use lead wool to stop this leak by pounding the wool into the tiny whole without replacing the whole section?

A band called WOOL [ 3 Answers ]

This is a band that I had a lp by a band called WOOL back in 1973... not sure what year that album was ? Anybody remember ?

What Percentage of Wool [ 3 Answers ]

What Percentage of wool is needed in a wool blend to create the felting techniquE? Or must it be 100% wool?:confused: ;) :p :D :o :rolleyes:

Lead wool caulking [ 1 Answers ]

I read in another post that you can caulk with lead wool. Does this mean that after packing oakum in a joint, you then pack lead wool into that same joint (without any application of heat) and you are done?