Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lisa M34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 10:13 AM
    Garnish wages
    Can a credit card company card companies garnish wages.
    Stephieee Posts: 34, Reputation: 7

Dec 7, 2007, 10:23 AM
    They have to sue you first. If they win in court, then a judge may order it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 7, 2007, 11:27 AM
    To obtain a garnishment order they have to sue you and obtain a jusdgement against you. You also have to be in an area that permits garnishments (a few states don't).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I garnish wages in Georgia? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a landlord that won an eviction and judgement against my tenent. The tenent has not paid the judgement. Also I do not know where they live or work. What can I do to garnish their wages?

The right to garnish wages [ 6 Answers ]

I have a judgement against me from a previous landlord, when I was first contacted by the collections agency who now holds the account 8 months ago I responded with a willingness to work out a payment plan. I never heard back from the agency until today 8 months later and they are demanding that...

Can They take my new home or garnish my wages? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new to this so bare with me. I am desperate, and have been doing a lot of research on my own to try and come up with the correct answers and I'm only more confused. I need someone that knows the laws and can give me an answer on some of my questions. My husband and I own a home in...

Can creditors garnish wages in TX [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if creditors can garnish wages in the state of TX.

Disability wages to garnish [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know if the State of Florida will garnish disabilty wages from social security on child support. Court order my exhusband to give me any benefits he was receiving on behalf of my son in leiu of back pay in child support, but he kept everything... PLEASE HELP

View more questions Search