Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    amylparr's Avatar
    amylparr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 7, 2010, 10:12 AM
    Looking to close my s corp (a daycare).
    I am the only shareholder. I currently owe about 8,500 in credit card debt for the business. What happens to that? Better to get a loan w/ low interest rate to pay back? Have excellent personal credit, d not want to mess that up!
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Jun 8, 2010, 07:08 AM

    Hello a:

    You and your corporation are NOT the same. Your corporation can forgo payment on its bills WITHOUT effecting your personal credit.

    The above would be assuming that the credit card debt you mentioned IS a corporate card and not your own. Plus, it assumes that you didn't also sign a personal guarantee when applying for the corporate credit card.


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Explain me the you.S Tax Terms (W2, 1099, Corp to Corp). [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, Could anyone please explain me what does these U.S Tax Terms (W2, 1099, Corp to Corp). Looking forward for a good explanation. Thanks, Sam.

From C Corp to S Corp: tax consequences? [ 11 Answers ]

I own a FL C Corp since 2001, but am considering to elect S Corp tax status. I have read about eventual tax consequences of appreciated property and passive income when switching from C Corp to S Corp. In my case, my C Corp has no property or investments. It only has inventory for resale, cash...

Detailed description of 1099,W2 and corp to corp [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know the detailed description of 1099,W2 and corp to corp in staffing and consulting firms.

View more questions Search