chochocho's Avatar
    chochocho Posts: 54, Reputation: 1

#1

Mar 9, 2019, 11:49 AM
    Intellectual property for phone app
    • I currently have a messaging phone app being developed for me by a developer. The app, through its software design has one unique feature different from others.
    • But I have some concerns about this project, which are:
    • (1) I want some form of intellectual property(IP) to this process, but don't know what to file for in terms of protecting this unique feature in my app. A copyright, trademark or patent as it applies to the unique process used in my software to send messages?
    • (2) through my research, I've understood that it takes a couple of thousands of dollars to file for copyrights, trademarks or patents and currently I can't afford this cost. My app is billed to be released at the app store next month, so is there any alternative form of temporary IP protection that I can obtain cheaply for now before I make enough money to file the real legal IP documents. I'm just worried of someone stealing my idea and obtaining the legal IP protection on it before me
    • Please, I need your advice.
    • Thanks8

Copyright / Intellectual Property Rights problem [ 5 Answers ]

I have created a computer program at home and made a copy and transferrerd it to a work computer. I work for the Air Force and now my management have seen my program they want it to be used at other bases. I have refused to allow them to do this and have refused to give the password for them to...

Is it violating the Intellectual Property Law [ 2 Answers ]

We're a Blockstoy company in Hongkong,having an online shop To my shock,At present I search on Yahoo and Google,found lots of sellers in China who're selling on DHgate and Aliexpress steal our products plan! I have reported this to the network platform but no customer service help us or resolve...

Intellectual property copyright of deceased minister [ 1 Answers ]

I want to broadcast a podcast of several deceased ministers, died from about 3-15 years. I have the recordings and wanted to know if there were any copyright laws I need to consider before doing so. Thanks.:o

Intellectual property law [ 1 Answers ]

What is the impact and effect of intellectual property law protection in both developed and developing countries? :confused: