Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    macgould10 Posts: 9, Reputation: 4

Mar 28, 2008, 08:38 PM
    Fried chicken
    Anyone have a good fried chicken recipe? I'm looking for something that's full or flavor but also really easy to make (not a whole bunch of ingredients) Thanks! :)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2008, 08:47 PM
    I mix a little corn meal
    1 cup bread crumbs
    3/4 cup all-purpose Flour
    1 tablespoon Creole or cajun seasoning
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

I have a problem with the breading not falling off with whatever recipe I use so I'll leave that part up to others with their recipes.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 09:16 PM
    Hay, taint that ones of thos yards birds? :: that's what we southern folk call them , they sure are finger licken good.:: now if you want a recepe :: take some milk in a bowl add a pinch of salt <a little flower in another bowl and mix in a little bit of seaning salt < a pinch of pepper _ little bit of corn meal< dunk your yard bird in the milk get it good and wet <now roll it in the flour mixture cover real good < now lets put it in the nice hot greese with a pair of thongs< cook till meat starts to separate from the bone > now if that taint fingers licken goods i don't know what is good luck and god bless ::: oh not too much seasning salt :: f.b.e.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2008, 08:20 PM
    Here's a good one, easy:
    1 tbsp. chili powder or cayenne pepper
    1 tbsp. salt/ and pepper
    2 tbsp. paprika
    2 tbsp. dried mustard
    2 tsp thyme
    3 eggs
    1/3 c milk
    3 .5 lbs chicken cut up

Mix flour and dry ingredients, mix milk, eggs in separate bowl, coat chicken in egg mixture, dip in floure mixture, repeat, set aside, or refrigerate for 1/2 hr. place oil in skillet, till very hot, fry 2 minutes each side, bake at 425 degrees 30 minutes, turn cook 20 minutes.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 22, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Being health concerned, I try to avoid deep fry...
    Here's what I find great for chicken recipe..

- Rub the whole chicken (with skin on) with a little lemon juice.
    - Combine 1 tbsp minced garlic, 1 tbsp cilantro, and 2 tsp ground black pepper together.
    - Soften 1/2 cup butter (not melt) and combine with mixture on 2, add pinch of salt and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Rub the mixture on the whole chicken, cover with plastic wrap in refrigerator for 1 hour.
    - Bake at 350F until the skin turn golden brown and crispy..

Now it's up to you whether you like it with green salad and mashed potato, or pilaf rice, or etc.

Enjoy... :)
    beenaroundtheblock Posts: 37, Reputation: 7

Apr 22, 2008, 12:19 PM
    I like any of the recipes above they all sound great. But if you are looking for FULL Flavor then I use "HEB seasoned FRYING FLOUR orginal blend" (it already has everything in it) and about one table spoon of Tabasco (more or less) in the egg and milk mixture. I like it, let me know if you do.
    hermione Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Here is a good one:

4 cups of flour
    2 tablespoons garlic salt
    2 tbsp of KOSHER salt
    2 tbsp pepper
    2 tbsp of Paprika
    1 tbsp Rosemary
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup milk
    Peanut oil
    Chicken

Mix all dry ingredients together, and mix egg wash. Dip chicken in egg, and then in flour then repeat. Yes, you are going to double dip this chicken so that the crust does not fall off in the oil. Let it sit for 10 minutes and fry away in the HOT peanut oil. Let sit in a 200 degree oven for 15 minutes and ENJOY! Trust me, the double dipping really makes a difference. :)
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 1, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Yes having the oil at the right temp and using fresh oil that you keep in a dark place protected from sunlight that could cause off flavors is important. I'm pretty much a shake n bake seasoning lover. You can make it extra crispy by using cornflakes or rice krispies as well as the flour.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to be on fried dynamite [ 1 Answers ]

I want to be on cartoon's fried dynamite but how do I do it

93 civic ECM looks un-fried, but. [ 3 Answers ]

OK. 93 civic has been out of service for way too long. Problem began over last summer with no starts on hot afternoons after cooking in the parking lot all day. New main relay solved this. Next problem came when the car randomly decided to stall, always within 20 minutes of starting, but not...

Motherboard Fried? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an HP dv1000 notebook. I bought it last September, but the warranty is only a year, so it's no longer good, and HP wants 298.00 to fix the problem. So... I opened up my laptop the other day and turned it on and the blue indicator lights indicating power, and that the hard disk is...

Help I Think Something Has Been Fried [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Right My PC has been died. Right, a few days ago we tried to boot it up and it would come on, but the Hard drive would not boot. If it did boot then the computer would freeze up. Then one day it just stopped working. So we changed the power supply. Now the computer is getting power, the...

View more questions Search