Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bill adams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 02:48 PM
    Sugar free or fat free peanut butter
    I love peanutbutter, but I'm trying to lose wieght. Any help will be appreciated.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2009, 02:50 PM

What other things do you eat?

Right now it is best to avoid most items containing peanut butter because of the salmonella poisoning, I think Jif is suppose to be safe,
    antipode12 Posts: 248, Reputation: 8

Jan 22, 2009, 06:02 PM

Actually, go with regular PB (not sugar free OR fat free).

Fat-free loads up on sugar, and sugar-free loads up the fat. They all should basically have the same calories.

BUT, fat will satisfy you longer and cause you to eat less. Sugar will spike your insulin, causing you to get hungry sooner afterward.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 12:44 PM

I love peanut butter I get freshly ground either at the health food store or one of our local supermarkets that has this type of grinder. Nothing is added either. Tastes divine!
    antipode12 Posts: 248, Reputation: 8

Jan 23, 2009, 03:05 PM
    That's true -- THAT is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    I love peanut butter I get freshly ground either at the health food store or one of our local supermarkets that has this type of grinder. Nothing is added either. Tastes divine!
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 11:15 AM

I agree with the statements posted before mine but limiting your PB consumption may be a good idea in general because peanuts are naturally high in fat. It's a "good" fat, but still you want to not overdo it if your goal is to shed some weight.
    ohb0b Posts: 215, Reputation: 14

May 17, 2009, 01:39 AM
    Try all natural peanut butter... no added sugar, HFCS, or fat. Just peanuts and a little salt. You have to stir it as the oil separates.

Peanut butter on celery sticks are also delicious, and you cut out the bread. When I was a kid, we'd put raisins on top. We called it "Ants on a Log."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Saturated Fat in Peanut Butter [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to reduce my cholesterol naturally rather than medicines. I have been able to get it down somewhat but not enough to make my doctor or me happy. I am going through all the foods I eat. I have heard of all the wonderous things about Peanut Butter BUT it packs a 3-3.5 grams of saturated...

How many calories in a peanut butter and banana sandwich [ 1 Answers ]

I have two parts to this question I'm wondering how many calories is in a whole peanut butter and banana sandwich. And if I eat one everyday, how much weight would I gain?

Need Peanut butter cookie recipie WITH Whole Wheat Flour [ 1 Answers ]

I have a recipie with all purpose flour, but I was wondering if anyone has a recipie with whole flour?? Or is it the same?? Thanks

Peanut Butter for my puppy? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 5 month old puppy. Yorkie/Chiuaua Mix. I am curious about peanut butter. I bought a kong and would like to do the peanut butter deal for him for in his crate when I go away, but some people have said peanut butter is not good for him. Do I need to buy special peanut butter or just my...

Sugarless Peanut Butter? [ 8 Answers ]

I heard there is such a thing as sugarless peanut butter. But I cannot find it anywhere. All the ones I found contains at least 1g of sugar. Just what is the 'sugarless' peanut butter? Is it literally sugarless, or is the minimal amount (1g) considered sugarless? But all the peanut butters...

View more questions Search