Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abhutchi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2005, 06:35 AM
    New Tub makes Loud Popping sound after use
    We have a new home, one year old, and every night after we have given the kids a bath, and have emptied the water, the tub makes a very loud popping sound. This popping happens several times every night and it can continue for up to 8 hrs after the bath. Please advise.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 19, 2005, 03:11 PM
    Snap-crackle and POP
    Quote Originally Posted by abhutchi
    We have a new home, one year old, and every night after we have given the kids a bath, and have emptied the water, the tub makes a very loud popping sound. This popping happens several times every night and it can continue for up to 8 hrs after the bath. Please advise.

Hi Abby, We did meet over in AllExperts didn't we?
    Your contractor isn't going to like my answer because to fix your problem he might have to reposition the tub drain a smidgen. Let me explain what I think is happening. The tub fills with hot water. You drain it and all that hot water goes down the PVC tub drain causing the pipe to expand. This would cause the pipe to expand against the floor joists or studs making a popping or crackling sound. As the pipe cools it contracts, again making a noise. Sort of a double whammy. To remedy this the drain pipe will have to be moved away from whatever it's rubbing against or some insulating material placed between the pipe and wherever it touches. There simply isn't any other explanation that I can think of. Hope this helps, Tom
    et723 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2012, 02:26 PM
    Having same problem someone told me they didn't set the tub correctly it should have been set in mud not just on plywood at first it happened only when taking a shower but then it started to do it on its own. Was told the tub was rubbing on a 2by four in the back of the tub don't think so et

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gfci popping now? [ 5 Answers ]

OK I have a fridge and a freezer in basement plugged into an outlet that's connected to a 20 amp gfci receptacle in the garage wired to a 15 amp breaker in fuse panel. It's been this way for 15 years without problem.. Now gfci pops. I unplugged the freezer (about 5 years old) and everything works...

Basement Bathroom Sink Makes Loud Sucking Noise [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question about my bottom level bathroom sink (three story town house). When no water is running (or even when it is running) there is a sucking sound coming out of the drain. It is loud enough that you can hear it in the hallway when walking by or near the bathroom. Can you tell...

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

NO SOUND after sound card install [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm new on here I have a HP tower.. just installed a beefed up sound card in it and it doesn't work.. made sure all connection are good.. and installed the program.. now it won't work at all.. please help me someone?

View more questions Search