Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1jennifer1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2014, 04:11 PM
    Wall/ceiling cracks
    Hello!
    I bought a home that was built in 1999 and it was vacant in the Phoenix heat for 9 months. We put in a new hot water heater in the garage and a ground mounted a/c unit on the side yard in July. It is now Dec and the heat is on at night. Would all those changes contribute to loud pops at night and ceiling cracks (lots in the garage, walls too) and some minor ceiling cracks inside the house (centrally located)?
    Thanks for your help!
    Jennifer
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2014, 06:21 PM
    They weren't noticed before? Typically you tend to note cracks more in the winter as the humidity drop causes some shrinkage. Show us a picture of the cracks. Where are they located?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cracks on inside of breezeblock wall [ 4 Answers ]

We are thinking of buying a house that was built About 40years ago but noticed there is a zig zag crack on an internal breeze block wall that goes right through to the garage. The outside of the house has no cracks should we be worried and what do we do to sort it. Thanks Karen.

Modular Home with wall, ceiling cracks, etc. [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased a modular home just over three years ago. I guess over a year now I have started getting thin cracks in the walls and ceiling and the crown moulding started separating. I also have problems with the pantry doors and storm doors not always closing properly. Just recently, there has...

My house has cracks in walls and ceiling; one ceiling crack is 1/4" wide. [ 4 Answers ]

The house is on cement slab, about ten years old.

Repair cracks in wall [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 cracks in my wall that are about 1/4 in. wide and 3ft. Long. I called a contractor out and he told me that the cracks were not from the foundation. How can I repair these cracks myself

Cracks where ceiling meets wall [ 4 Answers ]

I moved in 30 years ole house 4 years ago. When I moved in, the house was newly painted. Now I found cracks on paint everywhere. I don't worry about them 'cause it's just cosmetic. However, there's a long line of crack where ceiling meets wall in all three bedrooms upstairs. It's like...

View more questions Search