Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marmat Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 08:50 PM
    Windows and doors
    Does anyone have any input on comparing Silverline windows and Jeldwin windows? How does each of them rate? ALso, compare Millikin patio doors vs. Jeldwin doors.
    Thanks
    Stephanie
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Mar 4, 2007, 12:31 AM
    Silver Line windows and doors were just bought out by Anderson last year. Anderson, the largest mfr in N. America is the top line by reputation and has quality and pricing equal to Pella. Silver line is one of the manufacturers for Anderson. As far as Millikin patio, I know little of other than Millikin Inc in Grayling, Michigan. J. Millikin excels in excavation and does patio development.

Now if you said Millgard, that is a west coast manufacturer and is vinyl coat wood and aluminum production for big box stores as is Jeldwin sold in HD and Lowe's. Price is well below Anderson, Silver line and Pella high end products. As far as window failure, like water hosing the windows for cleaning, any window will fail the pane seal given enough abuse. Jeldwin is okay for average construction installations. Expect longer lead times and higher cost for any custom construction window and door specifications. Nm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doors [ 2 Answers ]

What is the opening size I need to cut when installing a prehung door on a wall?

Shower Doors [ 2 Answers ]

I am removing my sliding shower doors. However, I need to know how to remove the frame from the bath tub? Jen

New front doors [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to replace the front doors and hinges without replacing the entire door casing? We are interested in replacing the front doors and are looking for an inexpensive way of doing it. :confused:

Prehung Doors [ 2 Answers ]

I have several doors areas framed out in my basement with the ceiling being low because of vents. In several of these areas doors will be installed. I am looking to install split jamb prehung interior doors but there is approximately only 1 to 1 1/2 inch of header to the ceiling. In other words the...

Please HELP! Windows Worms Doors Cleaner... [ 13 Answers ]

Hi to every one! I would like to know if I have my computer set to be the most safer possible, so I downloaded Windows Worms Doors Cleaner and took a look at the resault, and I found the following ports opened. Is this bad? http://img200.exs.cx/img200/738/wwdc10at.th.jpg (save to disk for...

View more questions Search