Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dashbake Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 06:23 PM
    Slim 20 Amp Breaker
    Just wondering if anyone new if you could put a slim 20 Amp Breaker in the same slot with a slim 15 Amp breaker, or if they both have to be the same amperage in the same slot!:eek:
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2007, 04:06 AM
    Yes, any slot can take any breaker. They are interchangeable. You may want to shut off the main breaker to keep the panel dead while your working in side it, for safety's sake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theory of vacuum Circuit Breaker & sf6 circuit breaker [ 15 Answers ]

I want to know about the basic Theory of vacuum Circuit Breaker & sf6 circuit breaker

Changing one 20 amp breaker to a dual 20 amp. [ 4 Answers ]

How exactly how does changing a 20 amp breaker to a dual 20 :confused: help? You still have the same amount of wires from the original.

Changing a circuit breaker from 25 amp to 20 amp [ 2 Answers ]

My air conditioner is on a 25 amp breaker and should be on a 20 amp max (per manufacturing). All I need to do is take out the old one and install the new one- right. Do I need to worry about the size of wire when installing a lower breaker or just when increasing it?

Can I switch a 15 amp breaker to a 20 amp breaker? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: can I switch a 15 amp breaker to a 20 amp breaker? I just bought a home tanning bed and the plug has a horizontal plug which won't fit in a regular outlet. I bought a 20 amp outlet and installed it. The tanning bed tripped the circuit breaker. I got a 20 amp circuit breaker and replaced...

20 amp recpt. On a 15 amp breaker [ 2 Answers ]

Do I need to replace my breaker to a 20 amp? I have electric heaters that heat up my recpt and plugs an heaters what sshould I do?:confused: :confused:

View more questions Search