Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bfl082575 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 10:14 AM
    Installing eletrical wirering
    Hi
    I am trying to replace the lights in my bathroom, there are two one on each side of the mirror. I want to put in new vanity lights with a dimmer switch,and a gfci plug. I have already installed the gfci plug. What I really need to know about is the dimmer switch it has two red wires, are these neutrile wires and do I use them both one for each light. Can any one help me with this delema PLEASE!!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 10:38 AM

Hot will go to 1 red, and lights hot(black usually) will go to other red.
    I would wire up with a switch first, when it works properly, remove the 2 wires from switch and connect to each red.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 11:14 AM

You may have purchased a 3-way dimmer, so just tape up one of the reds. If you don't like the direction of the switch when it's on, use the other red.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eletrical & lighting [ 8 Answers ]

How do you wire a series of outlets that can be shut off ( as an emergency ) with the switc of a swith or a push of a button ( DEAD MAN SWITCH )

Eletrical, outlets [ 7 Answers ]

How many outlets can you run on a single 20 amp breaker

Eletrical and lighting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay track light I took from my previous home and I want to install it above my sink in the kitchen of my new home. The track the lights slide into is too long to fit in the area. Can you cut the track to shorten it or are the electrical units inside this unit?

Sleep porch wirering [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 90 foot run to wire from my house to a sleep shack. If I run 2 12/2 wires this distance will it loose power. Also can I use a grounding stake by the sleep shack or should I just stay with the main? Thanks

View more questions Search