Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carolinaaguiree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 01:59 AM
    USB 2GB suddenly has only 256MB
    Hi,
    I bought a 2GB USB flash drive yesterday. I transferred only a few files, and then deleted them off the USB. Now when I look at its properties it says 0 items, 256 GB free space, capacity 1.92 GB. It just doesn't make sense. How can I delete this 'missing data' or restore my USB's full availability?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 8, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Try purging the Recycle bin for the drive.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Apr 9, 2007, 08:29 AM
    There is probably some hidden files, such as the recycle bin as Scottgem has suggested. It could also be, System recovery information, etc.

As a last resort, you can reformat the usb key. It recommended to go the manufacturer's website and download their formatting utility to do this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sandisk 2GB with a mac [ 3 Answers ]

We bought a new 2GB sandisk cruzer to transfer songs from itunes in a 2 year old mac to our new mac (laptops). We were using a sandisk 256MG cruzer. It only held about 50 songs. We thought the 2GB would hold 8 times as many songs (at least 7 times as many) but it doesn't. We can get sometimes...

Housebroken dachshund suddenly peeing everywhere [ 6 Answers ]

My dachshund is about 7 yrs. Old. She's housebroken and went into heat about 10 days ago. She still is very swollen. Three days ago she started having to pee all the time. Instead of 5 times a day, about every 5 minutes. She keeps trying to pee when she doesn't have any urine. She is drinking much...

My burner suddenly started to go slow [ 1 Answers ]

Ever since I got my new laptop and started burning music cd's it took around 5 min to completely burn it. And now all of asudden it takes like 20 min to burn a cd and I'm doing every thing the same? I don't no what to do to get it back to normal?

92 Honda suddenly stops [ 2 Answers ]

The problem with this car is driving me crazy. Car starts I am driving for a while and just stops. One time it happened at a red light another time while I was driving. When it stops the radio is still playing, I can use the hazzard lights but the power stearing is out. After a while, it starts...

Dog suddenly going potty [ 3 Answers ]

My 3 yr. old lab mix got her vaccination boster today, and tonight she suddenly went pee in the house, all over before we noticed it. A reaction to the shots or coincidence?

View more questions Search