Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unforgiving246 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Added ram now screen hase strips
    Hello all I need help in a big way added ram to my computer when I turned it on it said no signal. Turned it on tonight and the monitor worked but only showed stripes can anyone help me
    Thanks in advance
    DIETGENT Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jan 31, 2007, 11:09 PM
    Bad card if its good and the right one take it out make sure its clean not bent or cracked try in differnet bank if not working its fryed or not compateble
    bikerguy Posts: 87, Reputation: 13

Feb 1, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Make sure they are seated properly, USE A lot OF LIGHT! They must latch nice and click into position. VERY COMMON PROBLEM... Also did you bump any other connections check them all. Check all sister boards are seated into the mother board.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 1, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerguy
    Make sure they are seated properly, USE ALOT OF LIGHT! They must latch nice and click into position. VERY COMMON PROBLEM....Also did you bump any other connections check them all. Check all sister boards are seated into the mother board.

That's true, the memory slot latches are so close to the video card, that it is very easy to unseat the video when trying to get those memory latches to lock.
    unforgiving246 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerguy
    Make sure they are seated properly, USE ALOT OF LIGHT! They must latch nice and click into position. VERY COMMON PROBLEM....Also did you bump any other connections check them all. Check all sister boards are seated into the mother board.
    Thanks I took all ramm and did one at a time up and running thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furring strips vs walls [ 2 Answers ]

I am remodeling my basement and have cement block walls. The walls are in OK shape, the floor is uneven in places. The room is about 10 degrees warmer in winter and cooler in summer than the rest of the house. I am trying to decide if I should use furring strips to attach my drywall to or build...

Update RAM, now getting blue error screen [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Vaio FRV37 laptop which is expandable to 1G. Ram. ( originally 512MB/ 2-256 PC 2100 cards.) I added 2- 512 cards and comp. gives blue error screen just after boot up. I then took out (1) 512 strip and put back a 256 strip, now leaving one strip 512mb, and the other strip 256mb, and...

Heat strips [ 3 Answers ]

New heat strips were installed on a Goodman package h.p. and the strips were not working. There was 240v going to the strips and 24v to and from the t-stat. What could be the problem?

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

UL certification advice regarding power strips [ 2 Answers ]

I'm currently in the process of developing a product that incorporates a power strip. The power strip is housed (encased) but physically not altered. If the power strip is UL certified, would my new product need to be recertified anyway or would the UL approval transfer to my product. What are the...

View more questions Search