Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caraloca Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2004, 09:02 PM
    Extracting a picture
    Hi, this is what I need, I found a picture in the internet that I like, but instead of saving it, I just right clicked in it and saved it as a desktop background.
    Now I would like to save it in my pictures folders.
    But where in my PC the picture is?
    I almost forgot, the site from where I took it is not there anymore.
    Thank you for your help.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2004, 02:15 AM
    1Re: extracting a picture
    Hey Caraloca

So you want to know where that picture is - Easy enough.  It might depend on what version of Windows you are using (I'm assuming your using Windows) and what internet browser.

If you're using Internet Explorer - try this :

1.  Open the Windows search on your PC.  It'll be on the start menu, under search or find.
    2.  When it loads upenter "Internet Explorer Wallpaper.bmp" as the search text.  You then want to make sure it's search through "hidden files and folders".  This will be one of the advance searching options.  Turn this on, then start the search.
    3.  Hopefully this will find your picture and tell you where it is.
    4.  Then it's just a case of opening that folder and moving the picture from there to your pictures folder.

I've got Win XP so I can tell you where the picture will be stored for XP, but not for other Windows versions like 98 or ME.  On my XP machine, any wallpapers saved from IE are saved to C:\Documents and Settings\<Profile Name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\. You might want to try checking in there.
    caraloca Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2004, 05:52 AM
    Re: extracting a picture
    Hi, thank you, I found it using part of the route that you said at the end of your post.
    C:\Documents and Settings\<Profile Name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TV Picture Problems [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Phillips TV (afraid I don't know the model off the top of my head) and sometimes when Im watching it there seems to be a patch on the left hand side that is yellowy green in colour the picture is still clear but whatever moves in this patch is yellowy green does anyone know why this...

Who is the person on the picture? [ 24 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me who the person on the picture is? The person is suppose to be well known. http://www.da-shizzaoh.com/hvemerdette.jpg

Extracting Evidence [ 2 Answers ]

Hi- I have an essay to complete regarding extracting evidence from a crime scene. I need to make up a case and process the information available to me in such a situation. I have to explain how I would extract the evidence from a person who has been subject to a vicious attack prior to their death...

Picture blurred [ 1 Answers ]

First happy easter day.my question is , what IS the difference between the NIKON N 75 and NIKON F 75.

View more questions Search