Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emv24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2005, 03:27 PM
    HELP!! Want to Logon using Welcome Screen!!
    Currently, the way I logon (Windows XP) to my own PC is using the Classic Command Prompt and I have been trying to switch to the Welcome Screen in which a user can simply click on his/her name rather than having to type out a user name and password. In order to attempt to switch to the Welcome Screen option, I have tried going into User Accounts, Select Logon or Logoff Options, then I click on both the Use Welcome Screen and Use Fast User Switching options. When I then logoff or restart my computer expecting the Welcome Screen, I continue to get the Classic Command Prompt. Is there some sort of virus on my computer or something that was deactivated at some point that turned this off? I could really use your help. I’d appreciate any assistance you can give me. Thanks!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 14, 2005, 03:54 PM
    Is your box part of a domain, if so you can't use the XP welcome screen at all, sorry.

If not then you've got me but have you tried opening the user accounts, clicking on advanced tab and unchecking the use ctrl-alt-del box near the bottom ?

Worth a try, but it may only work in Pro, not 100% sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WIN XP freezes at Safe Mode (on logon screen) [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Windows XP Pro Safe Mode problem. I have a Dell Dimension 8400 Desktop (nearly three months old). First let me say I religiously keep my antivirus up to date. I have Spybot Search & Destroy, Ad-Aware SE, Spy Sweeper, PestPatrol, Microsoft AntiSpyware and I use HijackThis. I...

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

Update: Safe Mode freezes at logon screen post [ 1 Answers ]

Hello once more, I have an update on my Safe Mode freezing problem (the original post is below). I was able finale able to boot into Safe Mode. Even though successful how it did it it still raises a question. I will explain below. If you read my original post at the top of this thread you...

Ctrl-alt-del secure logon screen [ 1 Answers ]

How to turn this feature on in win xp professional envirnoment? I tried the following procedure but it won't work for win xp. Please help. Control panel - users account - NO ADVANCED TAB to choose... Thank you.

View more questions Search