Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Teddy2010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 11:29 AM
    how much is a 1899 silver certificate worth
    I have 1/2 of a 1899 Silver Certificate $5 Indian Chief on it. I have the left side. The edges are in a worn condition. I see that they are valued at $1099. If I follow the treasury rules - 1/2 would be worth 1/2 the value. Is that true?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2010, 11:25 PM

TEDDY2010- YOU say that you have {1/2 oF this note ) YOU posted THAT IT IS A SILVER CERTIFICATE AND THAT IT IS A SILVER CERTIFICATE THAT HAS the INDIAN CHIEF ON THE FRONT SIDE; I WILL SAY THAT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME, THAT I have come across,something like this and I've been in it since I was 7 years old and I am now in my 70's; but like the saying goes "you can learn something new very day"" What you said about the { TREASURY RULLS<THAT IT WOULD BE WORTH 1/2 of its value IF IT WAS WHOLE I have a real good contact in Washington at the treasury :: TEDDY - just remember that a coin or a PC. Of paper currency OR a coin its values are shown as whole ,not a have piece;; of it
    , Iwill do what I can though, I Nwill try to get in touch with him , and see what I can find out ;; JUST REMEMBER THAT <THE CONDITION AND GRADE IS WQHAt its value is at that time :: have a greate night and a better tomorrow and God Bless:: F.B.E.
    PS V-I will be waiting for your reply;; F.B.E.
    Teddy2010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 07:35 AM
    I would appreciate any insight into determining the value since I only have 1/2 the bill.

Thank you.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2010, 10:22 PM

TEDDY2010- I'm trying to find out something on this but I do not believe that it will have any vsalue since it is only 1/2 of the note . Sand I have never seen where they didn't go by the standards that are already in force by the condition and grade of the coin or the paper currencyand as it stands at the present it has to have no folds , NO TEARS , and from what yuou have posted -you only have 1/2 of the note ;; IF you sent it in to have it certified as to a certain grade ,I do believe that they would send it right back to you -ungreaded and uncertified. I hate to say this ,but from all my knowlage on this , I'm saying this, I hope that for your benerfit thsat I'm wrong after I talk to the man in WASHINGTON , TGHEY CALL IT THE MONEY FACTORY. I won't be able to until MONDAY OR TUESDAY.,. LIKE I said -THIS is the FIRST time I have HEARD OF TJHIS ABOUT A 1/2 pieace of a noteKeep your fio ngers crossed;; HSAVE a great night and a better tomorrow; and GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.
    woody3882 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2011, 09:04 AM

It depends on the condition of the note, such factors as folds, creases, staining, tears, separation, etc. and the signatures on the front of the note,
    Send me the information and the serial number, or better yet, a good scan of front and back and I will help determine the current value and the proper identification "FR" number for you..
    For several years I have been collecting the 1899 Black Eagle notes with the Lyons-Roberts signatures on the front and with the words "SERIES OF 1899" printed above the right side serial number.
    If you have one for sale or just want a collectors opinion, contact me I will be more than glad to answer any questions or make you a reasonable offer,
    I am well known and highly respected in the "1899 Black Eagle" collector community

FYI point of interest, the last Black Eagle printed, known to exist is FR-236 Speelman-White serial# X35615371A
    If you found one higher, Let me know...

A large size MULE note definition is different than a small size MULE note definition

Several people have e-mailed me and inquired as to the definition of a Black Eagle Mule note (large size note) and why they are valued higher than a regular Eagle note. The Black Eagle MULE note has been defined as an original Bureau of Engraving and Printing error note.
    It is considered an error because of the fact that the wrong rear plate was utilized in regards to a specific front plate during the printing process. This error was undetected for decades...
    234 mule has Elliott-Burke front plate and White back plate 64 known
    235 mule has Elliott-White front plate and Burke back plate 254 known
    236 mule has Spellman-White front plate and Burke back plate 105 known

Only the FR-234, 235, 236 BlackEagles can be defined as Mules.

Mule notes are identified by the change in location of the rear plate number when White came into office. Just e-mail me for a more detailed definition. Thanks for the inquiry, and enjoy the benefits and profits of collecting.
    [email protected]

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_value_of_a_US_1899_black_eagle_dollar_ bill#ixzz1HctY5O5o

Apr 12, 2011, 07:44 AM
    It depends on the condition of the note, such factors as folds, creases, staining, tears, separation, etc. and the signatures on the front of the note,
    Send me the information and the serial number, or better yet, a good scan of front and back and I will help determine the current value and the proper FR number for you..
    For years I have been collecting the Black Eagle note with the Lyons-Roberts signatures on the front and with the words "SERIES OF 1899" printed above the right side serial number.
    If you have one for sale or just want a collectors opinion, contact me I will be more than glad to answer any questions,

FYI point of interest, the last Black Eagle printed, known to exist is FR-236 Speelman-White serial# X35615371A

Apr 27, 2011, 05:22 PM
    Send me the information and the serial number, or better yet, a good scan of front and back and I will help determine the current value and the proper FR number for you..
    For years I have been collecting the Black Eagle note with the Lyons-Roberts signatures on the front and with the words "SERIES OF 1899" printed above the right side serial number.
    If you have one for sale I will gladly pay a reasonable current price.
    If you just need a collectors opinion, contact me I will be more than glad to answer any questions,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much silver certificate worth? [ 4 Answers ]

I have some 1$ silver certificate bills and I was wondering how much they are worth if anything? Series 1935 F X 42952557 I Z 02879507 I Z 81901269 I Series 1957 U 22360565 A A 41716627 B ...

How much is my 1$ silver certificate worth? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know how much my 1$ silver certificates were worth. I have two consecutive mint ones--V42241069A and V42241070A. Both have blue seals on the right and are series 1957B; there are no stars or anything as such on them. They have the words "silver certificate" printed at the top, an A1...

How Much Is a 1899 Silver Certificate Worth [ 4 Answers ]

Teehee and burke #y13787835y its been used no tares but wrinkled

View more questions Search