Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2009, 03:18 AM
    Possible Monetary Value of a 1922 Peace Silver Dollar
    What might be the possible monetary value of the 1922 Peace Silver Dollar that is below? I've supplied an image of both the obverse and reverse of the coin.

I would say that the grade of it is Extremely Fine to Almost Uncirculated because there is so little wear on it. Although, there is some toning on it. It's a lot shinier than the images show it as being.
    Thanks!

Name:  1922 Peace Silver Dollar, Obverse - Use.jpg
Views: 16399
Size:  136.2 KB

Name:  1922 Peace Silver Dollar, Reverse - Use.jpg
Views: 9211
Size:  152.1 KB
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2009, 03:25 AM

"In God We Trust" on the obverse, and the word "Peace" on the bottom of the reverse are also quite legible on the real thing.

Thanks!
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 12:23 AM

CLOUGH- I just got done studying the pictures of the coin, OBV.& REV.:: I SEE NO MINT MARK (GOOD) THAT PUTS IT IN THE RIGHT CATAGAORY:: I AM GOING TO GO WHAT THE BOOK SAYS ON THE GRADE<AND WHAT YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR AND GO BY :: IT GIVES FROM (VF-20 THRU-MS-65 PROOF) AFTER VF-20 IS EF-40,then AU-50:: REQUIER> FOR THIS GRADE IS AS FOLLOWS ::[ Slight trace of wear, MOST of mint luster present,although marred by contact marks.] (MS-60 starts {NO TRACE OF WEAR} SO I DO BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN SAY THAT IT IS ( AU-50 grade
    I do believe that it is also a (HIGH RELIEF) I COULD BE MISTAKEN < IT'S hard to tell from here:: IF it is NML RELIEF-AU-50<VALUE IS $14.00, HIGH IS $180.00. WISH it was PROOF
    -65- 60,000 to 75,000) NOTE A LITTLE HISTORY:: THE high relief of 1921 design was found to be IMPRACTICAL for coining and was MODIFIED to the low or shallow relief in 1922 ,after 35,401 coins had been made and most of them MELTED AT THE MINT. The rare matte and satin finish proofs of 1922 are of both the high relief style of 1921 and the NORMAL RELIEF STYLE<:: CLOUGH _I HOPE THIS IS WHAT YOU NEEDED IF NOT JUST HOLLER:: HAVE A VERY GOOD EVENING AND A BETTER DAY TOMORROW: GOD BLESS:: F.B.E.
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2009, 12:38 AM

I do wish that you could see it in person, F.B.E. That is the information for which I was looking. The scanned images of my coins don't really do them very good justice! I'll try to borrow a digital camera so that I can take pictures of others that I have.

I have lots to show to you...

How would I be able to tell if it's high relief or not, please?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2009, 09:10 PM

CLOUGH - I thought I had already answered this one for you,SORRY I Didn't GET TO it sooner,
    BUT I JUST FOUND IT <SO HEAR GOES:: QUESTION - HOW DO I TELL IF IT IS HIGH RELIEF OR NOT?? #1- MEANING OF RELIEF ON COINS-A coin that has the{ design that is raised above the coins field {is said to be in relief;; The {opposite of relief} is { INCUSE} meaning {SUNK INTO THE FIELD} THE 1921 and some of the 1922 silver dollars (PEACE) ARE OF THE HIGH RELIEF DESIGN:: I WILL COME BACK TOMORROW NIGHT ANDC GIVE YOU THE HISTORY OF THIS COIN:: FROM 1921 threw 1935 , WAS REALLY DESIGNED AS A { COMMEMORATIVE PEACE COIN}; ILL FINISH This PART TOMORROW NIGHT:: I BELIEVE YOU WUILL ENJOY WHAT I HAVE :: HAVE A GREAT DAY AND MAY GOD BE WITH YOU AND GOD BLESS :F.B.E.
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2009, 09:17 PM

Thanks, F.B.E.

I'll look forward to the further information that you have!

Navyflyer91 is wondering about the exchanging of information off the thread. I hope that you will percervere in keeping the information on that thread.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 09:48 PM

Clough - in answer to your last question. Yes -lets try to keep it on this thread< that way it will also be aviable to any one that has a need for the informatio on it :: if i can i will send a copy direct to ( navyflyer(! Though i could not find his e mail last night ;; i have a general idea what it is <and im going to try it tonight :: i guess i will clear out of this one and finish whsat i said i would do tonight for you :: god bless :: f.b.e.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 10:10 PM

Clough- as someone i really liked to listen to on the radio; used to say { now for the rest of the story}
    ( legislation date ) was august /3/1964) authorized the coinage of 45,000,000 million silver dollars )( and 316,076, dollars of the peace design dated ( 1964) ) were struck at the denver mintin 1965) plans for completeing the coinage were subsequentlyabandoned and all of these coins were melted . None were preserved or released for circulation ::: meaning of { high relief} a coin that has the design that is raised above the coins field < is said to be in high relief :: the oppositec of relief is ( incussed <) meaning sunk in to the field { metal) i hope you enjoy this information: you have a great day tomorrow and god be with you and bless him always :: f.b.e.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dollar silver certificate, silver coins [ 9 Answers ]

Can any one tell me to possible value of the following $5 silver certificate 1953 A * 26405592 A $5 silver certificate 1953 A E 32214086 A $2 United States Note 1963 red seal $2 Federal Reserve Note 1976 green seal $1 silver certificate 1957 blue seal $1 silver certificate 1957 A blue seal...

1934 s peace dollar [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 Peace Dollars that are 1934S. The coins are somewhat smooth. I am not sure how to grade them... I also have a 1900 Morgan dollar with the "we" very lightly stamped compared to the rest of the coin. How can I find out how much these coins are worth or actually find a reliable buyer?

Silver dollar value [ 1 Answers ]

what is the value of a silver 5.00 bill with a blue series #e82454364a and a silver 2.00 with a red series #a06007484a

Silver dollar [ 2 Answers ]

I have a silver dollar certificate, serial#07176249... How much would that be worth?

Value of silver dollar [ 2 Answers ]

What is an 1884 pluribus unum silver dollar worth?

View more questions Search