Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zuzu11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 08:31 PM
    how much does a 1844 dollar coin cost
    I have a 1884 dollar coin. I would like too know what the face value of this coin is. How much is it worth.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2009, 09:06 PM

Hi, zuzu11!

I'm assuming that you mean 1884 rather than 1844. Would that be correct?

Thanks!
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2009, 11:50 PM

ZuZu11- I need to know ,what the MINT MARK IS ON THE COIN, On the reverse side ( BACK) at the very bottom just below the wreath in the center you will find the mint mark IT can be ( no mint mark : C C MINT;;S
    MINT. I also need to know what condition the coin is in .:: ( YOU CAN GO TO THIS SITE AND GET -- HOW TO GRADE COINS :: WHAT TO LOOK FOR ON THE FRONT AND BACK SIDES OF THE COIN. AND GIVES THE GRADE ,
    SUCH AS ( GOOD ,F ,EF,Vf, ECT ECT ;; HAVE A GOOD DAY :: F.B.E.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2009, 01:43 AM

What Flying Blue Eagle is referring to concerning grading, is a site such as the following one.

http://www.acoin.com/grading.htm

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2009, 10:15 PM

ZuZu11 - I am awaiting you reply to the questions you asked about the silver dollar you habve :: I do need the Mint mark off it ,if it has one , There are different prices on different mint marks:: I ALSO NEED TO KNOW WHICH ONE YOU HAVE < ( IS IT A 1844 OR A 1884SEARIES YEAR :: THANKS :F.B.E.
    cheeksbiz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 09:02 PM
    I also have a 1844 silver dollar coin. It unfortunately does not have a mint mark. If anyone can tell me more about it please feel free to e-mail me @ [email protected]. Sorry but I stumbled onto this site not a hundred percent sure if I can find it again!
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2010, 09:36 PM

Cheeksbiz- YOU are in the {collectables site} of { ASK me help desk .com;NOTE- Here is how to come back again,[http;//www.askmehelpdesk.com.] BUT you will have to ask your own question on your own posting, that's the way we work it on this site, to help keep down confusion; BY THE WAY 1844 does not have a mint mark on them;; I
    Also will be more then happy to give you some information on that or other coins and currency; Have a great day and GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2010, 10:03 PM
    ZUZU11- I have something for you to do , Go to your local libery,and ask them if you can have a book on coins and the newer the better for actual value' While you are in the silver dollar section , at the start of the 1840 dateection there is a section that will show how to get the condition and gradeof your coin;; IT also shows a section of the value for each gradesuch as { vg-8which is VERY GOOD GRADE 8}Which for your coin shows for that grade ,value is $275.00] [EF-40,is extra fine,grade 40VALUE IS $625.00
    and for MS-60,value is {$4,000.00]AND PF(PROOF)63value is {$40,000.00 dollars} There are ( 8 0 different grades,and values] NOTE - ON coins the condition and grade of the coin pluss the mint mark is what is needed to find the value of the coin;; if you are interested in selling ,let me know and I can give you several collectors , if you have the coin graded ant so forth the more you will get for it ] graded by -NGC;;ANA;;
    PCGS;;i HOPE THIS HELPS YOU WITH THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS,! HAVE A GRATE DAY AND god bless;; f.b.e.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1884 morgan dollar coin [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 1884 morgan dollar coin (not in mint condition). Does it worth anything?

1884 Dollar Coin [ 5 Answers ]

I have an 1884 dollar that has no d stamped onit and has a dark colloration and barely touched coul you tell me anything about it I have a lot of rare money FBE

Cost of end. Inv. And cost of goods sold under average cost [ 1 Answers ]

It's me again! I have another question to the same problem. In case someone else responds, I'll post the problem again. June 1 inv20051000 June 12 purch.30061800 June 23 purch. 50073500 June 30 inv. I need to compute the cost of the ending inventory and the cost of goods sold using the...

10 dollar ring cost 140 dollars + rest of my life [ 13 Answers ]

I'm 18 years old, and last week I was arrested for shoplifting, my case was dismissed but I was booked fingerprinted the whole nine yards. I tried shoplifting a ten dollar ring. Now I'm afraid this will cost me a career and everything I've wanted out of life. Will this show up on most background...

View more questions Search