Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anthonyleal1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 05:05 PM
    1976 2 dollar silver certificate
    What is the history on this item and how much does it cost now.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Hi, anthonyleal1!

Are you sure that what you have is a Silver Certificate and not a Federal Reserve Note?

What I found below is quoted from the following site.

United States two-dollar bill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1976, the Treasury Department reintroduced the $2 bill as a cost-saving measure.[3] The note was redesigned and issued as a Federal Reserve Note. The obverse featured the same portrait of Jefferson, a green instead of red seal and serial numbers, and an engraved rendition of John Trumbull's The Declaration of Independence on the reverse. First day issues of the new $2 bills could be taken to a post office and stamped with the date "APR 13 1976". In all, 590,720,000 notes from Series 1976 were printed.
    Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1928 A Silver Certificate Dollar [ 7 Answers ]

I am curious about the current value of my 1928 A silver Certificate. The serial number is N98941894A and the plat number is J900. The back has a unique block "ONE" that is unlike any other dollar bill I have seen. Thanks so much for your research into this rare silver certificate. Regards, Ed

Value of a silver certificate dollar [ 2 Answers ]

I have a silver certificate dollar series 1935e. The serial number is V02133173G. THe condition is fair. One minor rip and there is 2 folds. I am looking for the value of this. Thank You. Mandy Reigle

Us dollar bill silver certificate [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please tell how much is the 1957 us dollar bill silver certificate worth?

What is the value of a silver certificate dollar [ 6 Answers ]

B0472392I Series 1935E B7974

Dollar silver certificate [ 6 Answers ]

I would like know the value of a mint condition series 1957A dollar bill #L75552165 A.

View more questions Search