Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurel anderson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 07:18 AM
    How do I find out out How much money someone makes
    I work for a non-profit and I am trying to find out there income level for donors.
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Oct 31, 2008, 07:11 AM

Salary amounts are confidential. Unless the recipient voluntarily offers the information. The company nor any of the employees can tell you what someone else's salary is.

Shirley
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 31, 2008, 07:17 AM

I'm not sure I understand the question. As Shirley notes salary is confidential.

My first full time job was with a company that had a highly structured training program. Basically, if you were at a certain point in the program, you were making a set salary. So everyone knew what everyone else was making (up to a certain point). I then went to a new company and we where in the position where most of us had to be out of town while we prepared to move the company's operations. So we often had dinner together and at one dinner I mentioned my salary thinking everyone already knew what my position was making. Well I learned very quickly, that you don't discuss salary with anyone.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 07:32 AM

The OP is asking how to find out the annual income of people who happen to have donated money to her non profit. The answer is that she has no access to that information without asking them to tell her or provide tax returns (which I doubt they will give her). Ordinary people's incomes are not posted at some website. It's confidential, as Wildsporty says.

However, the compensation for executives at publicly traded companies seems to be public. If those are her donors, she can probably find out.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 31, 2008, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by asking View Post
    The OP is asking how to find out the annual income of people who happen to have donated money to her non profit.
    That's certainly a possible interpretation of the question. Lets see if the OP returns to provide more info.
    FORCE_electric Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Oct 31, 2008, 08:01 AM

Ask them?
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Oct 31, 2008, 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    That's certainly a possible interpretation of the question. Lets see if the OP returns to provide more info.
    I agree this is a possibility.

Scott, I see you are #15 in the top 20 today. I made #17 in employment law.

SM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find out if money is owed on car [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know a website I can go to that will allow me to check for any money owed on a vehicle that won't charge me a fee?

Payne PG9M furnace makes noise rumble shakes can't find the source of it. [ 3 Answers ]

Well I have looked and looked but can't seem to put my finger on it. It's obviously a noise, best description I can give is I was in the basement and I thought a helecopter or train was going by the house. Nope, it was the furnace. So it's a low rumble vibration from the furnace. Here's the...

Find money [ 1 Answers ]

What is right way to earn money?

I have a fried who swears he makes 250K. How do I find out how much he really makes? [ 12 Answers ]

:D I have a friend who swears he makes 250K. How do I find out how much he really makes?

Seeking Child Support - Ex Makes Money Illegally [ 6 Answers ]

Before my son was born, his father suggested that we not go through the courts for child support and instead work out an amount between the two of us. I had my doubts as to whether he would actually come through with the money each month, but I decided to give it a chance seeing as he gets paid...

View more questions Search