Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irishangel_sdwl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 10:09 AM
    WW II military currency
    After my grandfather passed away I found old paper money in the bottom of a dresser drawer. Among these were several paper notes from Korea and Japan. My grandfather was a veteran of WW II serving in the Asiatic Pacific. Among these I have 2 military curreny in Five Yen and Fifty Sen and a Fifty Centavos that reads the Japanese government. Also One Peso of Japanese Government and two 100 won of the Bank of Korea. Does anyone know if these are worth anything?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2009, 10:24 PM
    irishangel_sdwl_ I will get back with
    You on Monday night ::thanks f.b.e.
    quincySC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 08:06 AM
    Go to World coins and paper money from Joel Anderson for information. I just found it today searching for answers to the same thing found in my dad's old trunk in the attic. The centavos were issued by the Japanese in the Philippines; rupees were issued in in Burma, etc. He has one bill shown valued at $7.00.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Military currency value [ 3 Answers ]

I have been given several old military currency. I have a TEN SEN, a 2Emis EN France, a China 50, BON DE CAISSE 50, a Japanese 1 PESO, China 10, BANCO DE MEXICO 1, UNIDOS DO BRASIL 1, PHILIPPINES ONE PESO, UNIDOS DO BRASIL 2. I would like to know how to determine their value. Thanks

Value of US currency [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1953 series C $2 bill red seal in UNC condition (A74652563A) which is misprinted so that the red seal overlaps the "TW" of the "TWO" and protrudes to the left. The red serial number is also moved to the left. I have not seen this error on any other 1953 bill or any bill at all. Any...

Old currency [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My grand parents passed away last year and they collected a lot of old coins and some old currency notes and I was wondering what they were worth. I have a 1 dollar silver certificate that is from the series 1928A serial number Z58728894A. It looks to be in VF to XF condition, has a blue...

Old currency [ 7 Answers ]

How much is a 1928 ten dollar bill worth in circulated condition?

I got married to a military guy, and we got military housing [ 6 Answers ]

MY husband and I became eligible for base housing and took it, because the only time we would move in was that day. In my old apartment lease there is a military clause. However I got the apartment before I became married, and my husband is not on the lease. My landlord is saying that the military...

View more questions Search