Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JenniferGrant Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2005, 06:24 AM
    Lucky Bamboo.. not so lucky?
    I bought some of that "lucky bamboo". Its soooo easy to take care of. Ive got it here at my office. Away from direct sun light. Water it with "room temper" water.. thats from bottle water, not tap water. Ive followed directions to a T. Now.. only 3 days later.. some of the tips of the leaves have turned yellow. What can I be doing wrong :confused: After everything the only thing I can possible think is that the over head office lights may be to bright :eek: Do I need to work with that and take my plant home... or anyone have any other ideas :confused:

Thanks for the help :p
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2005, 06:41 AM
    I have one too in my office as do other employees here. They seem to like the fluorescent lights but not direct sunlight as you mentioned. More info here: http://www.chiff.com/a/lucky-bamboo.htm

Of course you could have a dud. :)

Nov 14, 2005, 06:49 AM
    Of course you could have a dud. :)[/QUOTE]

Awww man. :eek: Don't tell me that! Ive raised orchids for 5 years now... no problems what so ever... but then get a plant that suppost to be easy.. no wiping of leaves and special pots and pot mix.. and I kill it.. :eek:

*sigh* :rolleyes: Figures. Thanks for telling me that though...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2005, 07:16 AM
    I just have mine in a glass vase filled with glass beads and something resembling aquarium gravel. I keep the water level up and all is fine.

Damn, I would kill orchids in a hurry with my lack of green thumb skills. :o

Nov 14, 2005, 07:28 AM
    The one I got has like little turtles on the pot and white rocks in and around it. I just don't know what Im doing wrong.

Orchids to me are not hard.. they are expensive to take care of.. but not hard. That's why I thought the bamboo plant would be soooo easy to take care of. But then here I go and kill it. And truefully... they aren't to cheap either. 17.00 for 5 stocks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bamboo Intrusion [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know a sure way to kill bamboo? My neighbor planted bamboo in his back yard and now the roots have come under the fence and threaten to eat up my yard. How about drilling a hole in the stumps and filling it with Round-Up? Any suggestions? Thanks, speedball1

View more questions Search