Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seekinghelp1234 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 04:07 AM
    Unnatural Pauses When Speaking And Memory loss
    I never had this problem, but recently it just been happening a lot... I mean I use to speak very fluent, but now I'm find myself speaking with unnatural pauses occurring more often. I'll admit, lately I haven't been getting no sleep. Also I my memory is paying the price. I can't remember a thing, especially names and numbers. I was wondering could this all be because I'm getting no sleep or could this be any sign or symptoms of a disorder or something of that nature. Because I about to see my doctor about this. I'm really worried about my health:(
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2007, 04:18 AM
    Sounds like a sleep thing to me. Why are you getting no sleep? Because you can't sleep or because you choose not to sleep when you should?

If you find it hard to sleep, then there could be something more complicated at work.

As you have realised, seeing your doctor is the most sensible thing to do, we cannot diagnose you over the internet.

Jun 1, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    Sounds like a sleep thing to me. Why are you getting no sleep? Because you can't sleep or because you choose not to sleep when you should?

If you find it hard to sleep, then there could be something more complicated at work.

As you have realised, seeing your doctor is the most sensible thing to do, we cannot diagnose you over the internet.

I find it pretty hard for me to go to sleep, So I never try to force myself to sleep. I'm just so use to staying up. But I already made an appointment so I'm now less worried.:)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2007, 08:17 PM
    All of it is signs of a disorder

First if you are not sleeping properly, that can be one issue, or it may be part of a larger issue.

The others are signs of several serious issues, I would see about it as soon as possible, while it may not be that much, it could.
    Auttajasi Posts: 107, Reputation: 27

Jun 1, 2007, 09:08 PM
    Have you recently hit your head hard or experienced a concussion? Though this may just be a sleep problem, your speaking with unnatural pauses combined with problems recalling names and numbers is consistent with a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Make sure you notify your doctor if you have had any recent head injuries.
    Good Luck.

Jun 2, 2007, 06:39 PM
    I never had I concussion... It's just that I'm having a hard time sleeping.
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Jun 2, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Could be sleep, but these were symptoms my mom had and she has Pick's and is in a home right now. So I PRAY that it is no sleep!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very unusual memory loss [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had shoulder surgery for which I was placed under general anesthesia. When I was revived, about an hour/half later, I wasn't aware of where I was, who I was, what had occurred, and couldn't identify any of the people in post op, not the doctors or even the friend who was there to take...

Memory Loss [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 32 female. I feel I'm losing my memory. Sometime even not able to recall names of my close friends/relatives for few minutes. I also feel my presence of mind is going rapidly. Can anyone please suggest some ways to come out of the problem- any medicine/eating habbits or something else. ...

Computer memory loss [ 3 Answers ]

I find that none of the programs on my computer are taking up much memory and I have run antivir and anti spyware programs and have eliminated found threats but it still says that there is one percent of available free space (in the disk defreagmenter)

Anyone know what would cause loss of childhood memory? [ 3 Answers ]

I can't remember much of my life before 3rd grade. I have one memory when I was three years old and that is only of the house I lived in. I remember what it looked like on the inside and that is all, I remember nothing else of that age. Then my school days I don't remember Kindergarten at all......

Memory loss [ 2 Answers ]

I have 1020 mb of memory, 2 510 mb cards. The other day I noticed a drop of over 200 mb. Checking it out I was surprised when the bios only registered 765 mb total memory. Bigger surprise when I did the math and discovered I had lost half of a cards 510 mb. Before I start yanking outboards and...

View more questions Search