Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gpinero Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2004, 05:49 PM
    CD-R I can't reopen any files saved on it.
    I saved a ton of jpegs on a CD-R and I'm unable to access any of the files on the disc. I've been able to get to the files in the past, but some reason, now I can't. I've tried 3 different computers, even a Mac.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Apr 6, 2004, 09:53 PM
    Re: CD-R I can't reopen any files saved on it.
    When you say you've been able to ge the files in the past, did you mean off this specific CD?

If so, the table of contents directory for this CD may be corupt (scratch or something similar). If you are sure the data is on the CD, try downloading a recovory program from the internet to scan the CD for files. If you need help locating one, make another post, as I don't have much time to find one right now.
    gpinero Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2004, 09:03 AM
    CD-R I can't reopen any files saved on it.
    Hey, Thanks! I downloaded a recovery program (Bad Copy Pro) and it worked great! I did lose a few jpegs, but the majority of them were recovered.

Thanks again.
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 19, 2005, 12:38 AM
    Thanks
    I just tried Bad Copy Pro version 3.20 build 0608

And it is a very solid program, thanks for finding it and posting the info here.

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restoring saved files [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: I backed up some Outlook Express email folders, but the program made me compact them first. I did, and saved them on a backup CD with the file extension dbx. How do I UN-compact them and get them back into Outlook Express where I can read them. excon

Saved Image name not shown [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have XP windows - window explorer 6. ;) When I try to save image (in jpeg format), it saved,, but the name of the image does not appears (as it was not saved)... even the image is there still I can not see it. Other image format has no problem and the name of image is shown (only if...

Need help recovering saved game [ 1 Answers ]

I have been playing a snes rom on my PC called chrono trigger and I can't seem to load it anymore, I've been playing it for ages. Can anyone help me. I used to be able to click on my name and load it but the option is no longer there, I can only start from the beginning. Please help

What Must I Do To Be Saved? [ 16 Answers ]

(1) What is the first step to Salvation? (2) What are your beliefs (based upon The Bible) regarding Salvation? (3) Do you believe in the eternal security of the believer (keeping in mind that Salvation is based upon the finished work at Calvary; not upon what man can or can't do, due to human...

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

View more questions Search