Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2010, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Baptism in churches that do infants, such as Lutheran, Anglican, Catholic, Orthodox and a few others take this as a serious sacrament. They teach that a infant is born with sin, the original sin of Adam ( please lets not argue that here) and that baptism is needed to save the child, who will latter at confirmation confirm his baptism vows at about the age of 12. And once done, there is no need to repeat it. Other churches may have a blessing of an infant or a dedication of the child. This is not a sacrament to them and not a serious issue.

To not tell the truth to a pastor would be to me unforgivable, and there will of course always be a pastor if you "shop around" who will not mind doing a second service if you really want one for show.

But you could have the baptism at one place and then have a re-dedication service ( looks like a baptism) at the other if you want to.
    Unforgivable well that is really harsh, but then again your not the judge are you. God is the only one. Not man, not church, not any religious leader.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 10, 2010, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    No not the same, there are a few major differences.
    I was referring to baptism, not to doctrine. Baptisms in Protestant and Catholic churches are all Christian and in the name of the Trinity.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2010, 10:54 AM

Some Christian churches do baptise in "Jesus name" not in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit" but all of the ones that do infant baptism do it in the name of the Father , Son and Holy Spirit ( as far as I have ever studied)

And correct the Catholic Church does accept baptism from any other christian church that does baptism in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit , with the excepton of perhaps the Mormon churches.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2010, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    They're not really lying to either church, they're just not telling the men that run the churches that they may have competition. ;)
    Of course they would be lying. A lie of omission, like a lie of commission, is still a lie.

(To) The questioner should respect the rules of each Church. The answer from the C of E vicar is the answer you are looking for.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 25, 2011, 07:24 PM
    Old thread, closed,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My husband had a baby in high school and the girl gave the baby up for adoption. [ 2 Answers ]

My husband had a baby in high school the girl gave the baby boy up for adoption in Dec 1979 in glendale AZ. We have five boys and would like to see if we can locate him.

Non-married HSMP visa holder expecting baby.will the baby have UK citizenship ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello.. any advice will be appreciated. I am currently in the UK on the HSMP visa and in 2012 can apply for indefinite leave to remain and then citizenship. I am pregnant with my first child and am estranged from the father who is a UK citizen. We are not married. Will my child be a UK citizen...

Anoying mormons want to baptize us! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey about a month ago two elders came around the neighborhood and I happened to be out taking my snakes for a walk when they walked up to me and started talking to me. Of course I wasn't going to say no I felt bad. Well now they have been coming over and its gotten to the point that we leave the...

How to baptize [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 8 month old and would like to baptise her. My husband and I do not go to church and we weren't sure if you had to be a part of a church in order to do this. We would like to baptise methodist, his family is methodist. Can you have your child baptised outside of the church like in your...

View more questions Search