Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peeinacan95 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 07:36 PM
    Anoying mormons want to baptize us!
    Hey about a month ago two elders came around the neighborhood and I happened to be out taking my snakes for a walk when they walked up to me and started talking to me. Of course I wasn't going to say no I felt bad. Well now they have been coming over and its gotten to the point that we leave the house to avoid them and I'm scared of going outside and running into them. They want to baptize us this 28th but how do I say were not interested! I think we let them come in too much so I guess we really made them think we were interested! I don't want to be mean but I also don't want to be baptized! (I was baptized as a kid) but they think I should get baptized the right way, so they say! :confused::confused:
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 07:39 PM

Just tell them politely, plainly and nicely that you don't want to be baptised,

Also I didn't know you could take snakes for a walk? maybe a slither, but still
    peeinacan95 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 07:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    just tell them politely, plainly and nicely that you dont want to be baptized,

also i didn't know you could take snakes for a walk?, maybe a slither, but still

Lol well I'm the one doing the walking I just hold them and walk around so they can get some fresh air

Ive tried telling them that my family doesn't approve of it but they are kind of hard headed!! They are praying for us so that our family lets us get baptized..! they don't know I lied about that because those two seem a little too gullible.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2009, 08:02 PM

First sorry, I am closing this post since basically it is pure bull. They would never bapitise anyone that did not agree, and most certainly not before you went to church several times with them and had accepted their faith.

They would not set a date to baptise you if you had not agreed to do so.

Next "afriad" of them, merely thank them and tell them no, they will just leave.

The people who go out are young teens, on mission work and they would not be the ones making the baptism arrangement, after you visted church, they normally find another family with similar interest and get them to contract you to help you grow in their faith.

1. you got some rouge mormons
    2. you have mis understood
    3. you are making this up

In any of the above cases, it is just not the way Mormons ( Church of latter day saints operate in real life.

Thread closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Anoying neighbor [ 2 Answers ]

I just moved into a condo about 3 weeks ago and the neighbor upstairs keeps calling me and dropping by unannounced. In fact she rang my doorbell at 4:00 this morning. I get up very early and work about 10 hours a day - how can I stop her from bothering me?

How to baptize [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 8 month old and would like to baptise her. My husband and I do not go to church and we weren't sure if you had to be a part of a church in order to do this. We would like to baptise methodist, his family is methodist. Can you have your child baptised outside of the church like in your...

Hi, me again... Another anoying problem =/ [ 9 Answers ]

Ok this is getting really, really dumb. This computer must like to be infected, invaded... or whatever. I did a virus check at Trendmicro and I had 4 Trojanhorse viruses (more often then not I might add... so here I have this one called mmups.exe I can't deleted with the virus scanner because the...

View more questions Search