Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2006, 03:18 PM
    Restoring saved files
    Hello:

I backed up some Outlook Express email folders, but the program made me compact them first. I did, and saved them on a backup CD with the file extension dbx. How do I UN-compact them and get them back into Outlook Express where I can read them.

excon
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jul 15, 2006, 09:32 PM
    If the program made you compact them, won't that program unpack them?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2006, 09:53 PM
    Hello shunned:

I asked a question. I'm interested in answers - not comments.

excon
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Jul 16, 2006, 02:36 AM
    Firstly, Shunned is trying to understand the problem so that he can help you out, this is voluntary free help site and comments are welcome on public board, especially when trying to help.

Anyway, the normal database files for outlook express are dbx. All you have to do is find the current store folder OE is using and replace the dbx files. You can find the store folder location for Outlook Express by going to Tools -> Options -> Maintenance -> store folder. Be sure to backup anything that may get overwritten i.e. current emails in inbox before copying the files across.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restoring a Flash Drive (instead of re-formatting it) [ 26 Answers ]

I have a flash drive with a number of items on it that I need. When I go to access the drive, which I have used for the past couple of months, I now get an error message saying that the drive is not formatted and needs to be formatted. I know that if I re-format it, I'll lose all my work on...

Flash Drive Access Route Restoring [ 1 Answers ]

How do I restore the access route or path to my flash drive. I had a document opened from my flash drive when my PC shut down and I had to remove the flash drive in order to start the PC up again. Now when I try to open the flash drive again, it says the path has not been restored and I have lost...

Restoring my credit [ 4 Answers ]

I just paid off everything on my credit report that was negative. I have a car loan and a student loan in good standing. Everything else was seriously delinquent , in collections, or an attorney. I have paid it all off, what's the best way to build my credit back up?

What Must I Do To Be Saved? [ 16 Answers ]

(1) What is the first step to Salvation? (2) What are your beliefs (based upon The Bible) regarding Salvation? (3) Do you believe in the eternal security of the believer (keeping in mind that Salvation is based upon the finished work at Calvary; not upon what man can or can't do, due to human...

CD-R I can't reopen any files saved on it. [ 3 Answers ]

I saved a ton of jpegs on a CD-R and I'm unable to access any of the files on the disc. I've been able to get to the files in the past, but some reason, now I can't. I've tried 3 different computers, even a Mac. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

View more questions Search