Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2008, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    Correct. Despise not prophecies.
    But that has nothing to do with the topic.

Sure it is. Mary is the only woman who gave birth to Christ.
    That is your private interpretation.

Since Mary gave birth to Christ and the Church gives birth to Christians in Baptism.
    The second half of that sentence is not Biblical.

Sure it is. It is proof that the Catholic Church is perfectly consistent with Scripture on the handling of prophecy.
    That is circular reasoning. Because you accept your denomination's private interpretation, you therefore believe that your denomination's private interpretation is consistent with your denomination's private interpretation.

2 Peter 1:20-21
    20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
    NKJV
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Therefore when God provides the sign of the Virgin Mary as described in Scripture:
    Apocalypse 12 1 And a great sign appeared in heaven: A woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars:

The Church does not despise this prophecy but tests it and if it is good, holds on to it.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    Not the Virgin Mary.. Chapter 12 of Revelation is descriptive to the longest period of time written in one single chapter. No other chapter in the bible does this. It is a chapter of [inserted reference] from the beginning first age through the present age of salvation.

Revelation 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

1. The great wonder in heaven is a "sign"
    2. The woman is (mother Israel) or a "believer"
    3. The sun, moon, star, is the zodiac that will offer signs to the believer and their path to walk, and keep in mind to watch (signs foretold of in Genesis 1:14)

Revelation 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

The believer being born here on earth of woman

Revelation 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

1. another sign
    2. a red dragon is a deceiver, satan
    3. again with signs of what? satan

On earth there is "Good" and there is "bad". From the beginning of creation as children of God, we have been offered signs from heaven. And we are fore told of certainty in each sign which to follow that is written and which are not to be followed also written. We are within the generation of the fig tree.

"The Good"

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them and they follow me.

Matthew 13: 37-38 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

The bad, sons of Cain

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Matthew 13: 39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

Genesis 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

From the Beginning Good and bad
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sndbay View Post
    Not the Virgin Mary.. Chapter 12 of Revelation is descriptive to the longest period of time written in one single chapter. No other chapter in the bible does this. It is a chapter of [inserted reference] from the beginning first age through the present age of salvation.

Revelation 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

1. The great wonder in heaven is a "sign"
    2. The woman is (mother Israel) or a "believer"
    3. The sun, moon, star, is the zodiac that will offer signs to the believer and their path to walk, and keep in mind to watch (signs foretold of in Genesis 1:14)

Revelation 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

The believer being born here on earth of woman
    The believer being born? That is one way to look at that. But, the more explicit understanding is that this is Jesus Christ:

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with an iron rod: and her son was taken up to God, and to his throne.

Revelation 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

1. another sign
    2. a red dragon is a deceiver, satan
    3. again with signs of what? satan

On earth there is "Good" and there is "bad". From the beginning of creation as children of God, we have been offered signs from heaven. And we are fore told of certainty in each sign which to follow that is written and which are not to be followed also written. We are within the generation of the fig tree.
    Correct. The dragon is Satan.

"The Good"

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them and they follow me.

Matthew 13: 37-38 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

The bad, sons of Cain

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Matthew 13: 39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

Genesis 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

From the Beginning Good and bad
    All of those are true verses from Scripture. None of them has anything to do with the fact that the woman portrayed in Rev. 12 Mary the Mother of Jesus Christ.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2008, 05:35 AM

refer: Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

The believer being born? That is one way to look at that. But, the more explicit understanding is that this is Jesus Christ:

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with an iron rod: and her son was taken up to God, and to his throne.

Man child= a son

Luke 2:23 (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord)

nations = the nations
    with a rod

Psa 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
    Revelation 2:9 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

All of those are true verses from Scripture. None of them has anything to do with the fact that the woman portrayed in Rev. 12 Mary the Mother of Jesus Christ.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    It is a matter of choice, and interpretation. I can refer other verses within scripture which confirm what I have shown you for an interpretation, and whom I follow. The Spirit leads today if an individual opens the ear to hear, doing the Will of God on earth as it is in heaven.
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Oct 18, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Finally, I have lost the thread of this debate. Are we discussing the Virgin Mary being the Mother of Jesus Christ?
    If we are, then we probably do not believe in Jesus Christ's divinity (as the FATHER'S SON) either.
    And if we do not, then we are NOT Christians! As simply as that!
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gromitt82 View Post
    Finally, I have lost the thread of this debate. Are we discussing the Virgin Mary being the Mother of Jesus Christ?
    If we are, then we probably do not believe in Jesus Christ's divinity (as the FATHER'S SON) either.
    And if we do not, then we are NOT Christians! As simply as that!
    I think that this is not so much a case of trying to argue whether Mary is the mother of Jesus, but De Maria is trying to argue a specific passage in Reveleation as being prophetic of Mary giving birth to Jesus even though, for one thing, the timing is all wrong.
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Oct 19, 2008, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    I think that this is not so much a case of trying to argue whether or not Mary is the mother of Jesus, but De Maria is trying to argue a specific passage in Reveleation as being prophetic of Mary giving birth to Jesus even though, for one thing, the timing is all wrong.
    St. John's Revelation CANNOT be prophetic regarding anything in connection with Jesus or His Mother because it was written AFTER Jesus' death in the Cross. The only texts that might eventually be considered prophetic are those of the Old Testament which were, of course, written much before Jesus or Mary.

Still, my point was not that. It rather was on the usefulness of such type of debate, for while debatable whatever conclusion reached nothing can be changed.:):)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Weeping Cherry Tree by Ran Su [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to find out if this piece of artwork by Ran Su has any value. The label on the back of the piece states: House of Ran Su, Elmhurst, NY; it is titled "Weeping Cherry Tree" with the number 248 next to it. It also has the number 15168 at the top of the label. The front of the piece is...

Trimming Weeping Cherry Trees [ 1 Answers ]

I have a weeping cherry tree that I planted about 3 years ago. The trunk must be a very slow grower but the limbs are everywhere, dragging the ground. The trunk is now about 4' tall and the thing just looks like a big bush. When is the proper time to trim these limbs back and how far back is it OK...

Weeping conduit ? [ 11 Answers ]

( greenhorn alert) HI I was on the last of 1" pvc . Burying them 18'' deep on the way to the shed. for a 80foot run. so i can add my 4 #12 thwn.wires, Now I heard someone mention about water condensation, and that all conduit has water in them,and that you need to add weeping holes ,to keep...

Weeping tile [ 2 Answers ]

First of all let me say that the info received from this web site has been excellent--too bad we do not have the experienced experts available on line up here ( Saskatchewan Canada) that one could log on to and ask. The House I am in, is what would be defined as an old timer. Half basement that...

View more questions Search