Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    waterman82's Avatar
    waterman82 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 14, 2007, 09:15 AM
    Wanted to know how
    Wanted to know how to give the birth moter of my two kids full custody
    Synnen's Avatar
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443

    Feb 14, 2007, 09:22 AM
    I think we'll need more information than this.

    You adopted two children and want to give their birthmother custody again? Or is this something different?
    waterman82's Avatar
    waterman82 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 14, 2007, 09:29 AM
    No I was married and we have joint custody but I live to far away to even see the kids so I think it is best to just give my ex full custody and wanted to know how to do that
    RubyPitbull's Avatar
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

    Feb 15, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Waterman, you will need to contact a family law attorney or your divorce attorney to amend your agreement of divorce/separation if custody is currently shared. Please check your paperwork and see what it says regarding the children. It might be easier to go back to the original lawyer who drafted it.

    Since we don't know your full intentions behind this decision, I am going to give you some information that would be beneficial for you to think about and consider before making your decision.

    Just please be aware that even though you may be willing to give full custody to your ex, it does not allow you to legally end the responsibility of making child support payments. If you have shared custody under your original agreement, transferring full custody to her may mean that you will be expected to pay her more money in child support. If she is remarried and the current husband wants to adopt the kids, his adoption of them will allow you to end the support payments. But, you will be giving up all your rights as a father. You will not be called for any joint decisions that must be made. You will be terminating your rights as a father completely. If this is what is on your mind, then again, you should contact one of the legal representatives I suggested. They will be able to advise you and guide you through whatever process you choose.

    Hope this helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanted to know [ 5 Answers ]

I wanted to know if u could sign over you're rights just giving the mother full custody of the kids and how u would proceed in doing this

Help wanted [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am in biology and we are working on balancing equations I have done a whole lot of the but I have a few that are giving me a whole lot of trouble I hope someone can help: KEY:I didn't know how to write the numbers on a lower line so if its so post to be on a lower line it has a ~ behind...

Bath for Cockapoo that has recently given birth [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I have a Cockapoo that has just gave birth and she had 5 puppies. Its been 4 or 5 days now. I wanted to know if its safe to take her a bath with soap. Because I was thinking if soap would get on her nipples the puppies would suck on them and that will cause a infection to them. So when can I...

View more questions Search