Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    waterman82's Avatar
    waterman82 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 12, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Wanted to know
    I wanted to know if u could sign over you're rights just giving the mother full custody of the kids and how u would proceed in doing this
    Synnen's Avatar
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443

    Feb 12, 2007, 10:56 AM
    You can... but why do you want to?

    Signing away your parental rights does NOT get you out of paying child support. All it does is take away any say you might have in how the child is raised... so what's the point of signing them away?

    The only two good reasons for termination of parental rights is 1. Voluntary--when someone else is going to adopt the child, and 2. Involuntary--when it's been shown you are not a fit parent and your rights are taken away by the courts.

    To do terminate parental rights, you contact a lawyer and/or family courts.

    All of which you would have known if you had read any of the other posts on this subject.
    rodeogirl2you's Avatar
    rodeogirl2you Posts: 18, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 14, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Yes, you can sign to give her sole custody, but you would still have to pay child support. Giving up your parental rights would keep you from ever seeing the child. Would you really want to do that?
    shygrneyzs's Avatar
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

    Feb 14, 2007, 07:30 PM
    Agrees - read the other posts on this very subject:
    luvlymazzy's Avatar
    luvlymazzy Posts: 8, Reputation: 4
    New Member

    Feb 15, 2007, 02:19 AM
    Sorry if you think I'm being rude but why is it when a relationship fals apart the kids suffer?? Do you not think your kids want to see you? Oh they might not be old enough to decide now or they are and are worried about hurting mummy but in my experience a child needs to know that mummy and daddy are there for them, NO matter how far away from them you are!! My ex was in prison and I wouldn't let my kids visit him in there but I encouraged contact through phone and writing.Now he is out and the thing is he don't care about te kids and now my boy is rebelling as he thinks his father don't care about him!!
    So my advice is before you give your kids away think about them long and hard because one day they might just hate you
    louie1's Avatar
    louie1 Posts: 183, Reputation: 49
    Junior Member

    Mar 23, 2007, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waterman82
    i wanted to know if u could sign over youre rights just giving the mother full custody of the kids and how u would proceed in doing this
    Hi to my understanding his can be done with a simple visit to a solicitor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clairifications wanted [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I readily admit that I'm an old guy and don't know much about landlord tenant law. There are some new experts here who have alluded to some real good stuff, and I want to learn about it. After all, this is a place where you divulge secrets not keep them. I'm used to sending stuff...

Help wanted [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am in biology and we are working on balancing equations I have done a whole lot of the but I have a few that are giving me a whole lot of trouble I hope someone can help: KEY:I didn't know how to write the numbers on a lower line so if its so post to be on a lower line it has a ~ behind...

Bath for Cockapoo that has recently given birth [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I have a Cockapoo that has just gave birth and she had 5 puppies. Its been 4 or 5 days now. I wanted to know if its safe to take her a bath with soap. Because I was thinking if soap would get on her nipples the puppies would suck on them and that will cause a infection to them. So when can I...

View more questions Search