Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Interested41's Avatar
    Interested41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 29, 2018, 10:18 AM
    Is it true that married chilren with child cant be put out of your home
    What can legally be done to get married children with child out of your home. The adults are addicts.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,305, Reputation: 7692

    Jan 29, 2018, 10:35 AM
    No it is not true, if they do not own the house, you can evict the family. That would have course include their children. Depending on where this is, what type of notice has to be given and if you need specific grounds.

    Remember in most areas (in US) if there are drugs in your house and the police raid, the police may even be able to take your home.
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Jan 29, 2018, 11:12 AM
    Your best bet (there is no good option with addicts) is to privately talk to CPS and arrange to be guardians of the child. You get an eviction order for the parents, and have the police escort them out.

    It's going to be awful but it has to be done all in one day, and you need other adults around to protect you after the police leave, because your children will probably try to come back for one reason or another.
    noseyrosey's Avatar
    noseyrosey Posts: 5, Reputation: 2
    New Member

    Apr 10, 2018, 08:54 AM
    You have to legally evict them. However; that is a tough decision as they will take the child. And maybe the child is safer at your home than out on the streets with them.
    Might consider looking into a guardianship if you are in position to keep child.
    If not, then yes you have to go to court and legally evict them. The court should be able to get them out with 30 days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support -married man with other married woman -rights given up -agreed by both [ 7 Answers ]

My husband's infidelities has caught up with him and he now has an infant from another married woman. He has legally given up his parental rights as agreed between both himself and the other woman. She has taken him for child support and the court date is within the next few weeks. Will he have to...

Can a person married to a child molester be charged if he molests a child in the home [ 4 Answers ]

My niece was molested by her aunts husband. The aunt was aware of him being a child molester. Can the aunt be charged with a crime since he molested my niece while in their home.

Decision of chilren [ 1 Answers ]

At what age can a child choose to live with mother or father in the state of Georgia?

View more questions Search