Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    tmc1215's Avatar
    tmc1215 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 18, 2012, 08:54 AM
    Texas law - if child is in CPS, can father get custody?
    My son dated a girl a couple years ago that now claims he is the father of her son. My son found out the child was born addicted and has been in and out of CPS custody after her failing to pass required drug test and complete what the court has ordered. He has now been served to show for a court date in her county. Im sure they will rquest a DNA at that time.
    Question: if he is found to be the father via dna. Will he have a chance at custody. He has stated if the child is indeed his he would have course want him and not want him left in CPS custody. He is 21 has a stable job and his own place as well as drug free.

    I have heard it said that in the state of Texas it is hard for the father to get custody in any situation. So just wanted to see if any one had any advise.

    mistytedder's Avatar
    mistytedder Posts: 10, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 18, 2012, 09:26 AM
    Yes, He can get the child!! He needs to let CPS know that he wants the child in his care. He also needs a DNA to make sure. If it is his then yes he can get the child with CPS already taking the child away from the mother...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What happens trying to get custody of a child involved with cps in another state [ 1 Answers ]

Im not real sure how to go about asking this but what would take place when trying to get custody of a child that's involded with CPS in another state, even thought the child's mother is willing to sign over her rights! And is also a family member..? Thanks for your time... ...

When CPS removes my child from her father's custody how long until I get her? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is currently in the custody of her father and CPS is doing an investigation on him. The Cps worker has told me she is extremely concerned about my daughter due to the evidence I presented to her. She is currently trying to get approval to obtain custody of her. If she does remove her...

Last name changes and Child Custody in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I had a couple of questions regarding my child. My 3 year old son was born in Michigan and has been living with me, his mother, in Texas since he was around 6 months old after we left his father. His father is not on the birth certificate, I do not collect child support from him, and he...

Child custody in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

I am in the process of going through a divorce. We have 2 children and have agreed that one child will live with me and the other child will live with her with visitation rights for each parent for the other child. We have done an uncontested divorce on-line and have just received our paperwork...

View more questions Search