Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjdcs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2010, 10:05 PM
    My 10 years old son!
    My Son its 10 years old. I have been divorced from my husband 6 years now, I have 2 boys 10 and 16 years old. Last year in half my boys have been living with there Dad and his new wife because I need it to move to another province and could not take care my kids at that time. Now I'm settle in this province and my Boys still living with there Dad. Recently my Older Son have been involve with his friends smoking Mar-iguana and not doing his Job as a older brother to take care his little brother wile his Dad and Wife are working. So my older Son have been kick out of that house because the step-mother its not happy with his behavior and his Dad has been influence by the wife. So my Older Son its gone from his house I offered him to come and live with me but he doesn't want to and since all this happened I feel scared and I feel that I'm losing my kids. I want my younger Son to live with me but his Dad its not letting that to happen, I thought that after a year an a bit I could have gone back to the same province but work wise I don't have at all back in there province. My life its here in Alberta and they live in Ottawa, Ontario and honesty I can't go back there because its nothing for me other then my kids. My question is I have share Custody with my ex-husband , can I just go back to Ottawa and pick-up my Son and keep him with me? Or do I have to follow legal terms for me to actually have him with me up here in Alberta.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 5, 2010, 04:40 AM

What did the divorce say about custody? When you sent your children to live with the father was anything changed as to the court ordered custody?

Also it may be illegal to kick the 16 yr old out. You are both legally responsible for him until he is 18.
    jjdcs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 07:48 AM
    Thanks for taking the time. On the divorce say: The Respondent currently has primary residence of the children, Miguel and Thomas. And access is generous and liberal and as agreed upon between the parties.

- So nothing has been changed, the Kids always has been living with me but since I moved to another province the kids stay with there Father until I Was going back to the province, but things has been changed and now I'm not going back home. My Job, new life its here in Alberta and I can't move. Now my older son choose to live the house because his father and wife have to many rules that for a teen its to difficult to assume specially when teen don't know any better. He smokes weed and his father told him that or he stop or out of that house. So now he is out, also he has another Son that was living with him and also he ask him to live too for the same reason, I just think he handle this situation very hard not matter how bad it is the situation. He is only 16 years old and I'm his mom and I feel that he is alone, very disoriented, and his father also he sponsor because he is from my previous marriage from Venezuela, he doesn't want to come and live with me but also his father doesn't want to help and he is very influence by the Wife.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 6, 2010, 03:53 PM

At 16 your son is a runaway if he left the house. If his dad threw him out, that was illegal. You are both responsible for him until he is 18.

As for the others, because you moved (I'm assuming without permission from the court) and he is entitled to "generous and liberal" access, YOU have changed the terms of the agreement. Your move no longer allows him that level of access. So he can go to court for a modification if you attempt to take the children back.

You need to consult a local attorney who can map out a plan for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My my 18 years old son doesn't like me. [ 6 Answers ]

I have 18 years old son.He was raised by my parents since birth.He reunited with me after 15 years and he doesn't love me and respect me.Please adivce me what to do to have good relations with hm. Cherry

No contact with son for two years! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.. I have been divorced for almost a year now.. we had a son together and the father has not seen his son since our separation which took place nearly two years ago.. this is his choice not mine.. but in the divorce he got joint custody and had to pay child support.. but he has not yet to pay or...

For my 2 years old son [ 1 Answers ]

Hi by the way I have a 2 years old son left in the phillipi:confusednes with my husband I want to bring my son here just for vacation for a couple months and go back in Philippines again my question is did I have to apply for tourist visa for my him even that his my son and his still minor? What...

My son is 27 years old and he won't move out [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 27 years old, and came back home when he could not make it out there because he lost his job, he does not to work he has looke for jobs and has not find any, he brings girlfriends to live at my house I have called the police on him twice and he still does not get it, he verbally abuses me...

View more questions Search