Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutie08 Posts: 121, Reputation: 2

Jul 26, 2006, 06:24 PM
    I'm worried about my best friend
    OK so I have this friend and during the school year we were really close and all and I mean we still are but she is beginning to have some problems such as she has gotten back into smoking and drinking witch I got her out of when we became friends but she got back in with the wrong crowed and she has also been hooking up with a lot of guys maybe like one new one everyday and she's kind of gotten the name of a slut. Plus she hooks up with guys that her friends like or have dated and still like after she promises that she won't and it kind of scares me and I want to help her but I'm not sure what to say to her without her taking it the wrong way because she is pretty sensitive and takes a lot in a bad way

If anyone could give me some help then I would be happy

I really want to help her because I love her a lot?

Thanks
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Jul 27, 2006, 02:27 AM
    First I am glad that you care enough to reach out. It shows you are a real friend. I think if you told her what you told us you should be fine. Just be upfront and honest to her. Another idea for you so you don't have to go at her alone, would be to bring some other friends to confront her, sort of like an intervention. You should surround her with the people that are her friends and that she cares about, and then tell her that she needs to clean herself up. I think having some support with you will not only make her most apt to hear what you have to say, but it won't single you out so she get's mad at you and you lose your friendship between you and her. If you just be honest with her and tell her that she is hurting herself, if she doesn't believe right away, she will down the road, and she will thank you for that, and that is what a friend is for. I hope everything goes well. Good luck.
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

Jul 27, 2006, 07:24 PM
    I would suggest not telling her what you don't like about her or her behavior, but why you are concerned about her... make sure you tell her that you love her and this is why you are doing this, and you value her friendship... good luck... and if she doesn't like it, which she may not... then take a second look at the friendship... you want to trust your friends with all your might!
    rawr_itssonya Posts: 60, Reputation: 6

Oct 15, 2006, 12:32 AM
    This is all part of growing up. Your friend is going to choose her friends and who she hangs out with regardless of what you say. That's just how it is. She won't stop hanging out with the wrong crowd until A) she gets a wake up call(ex-getting arrested, getting pregnant, this crowd abandoning her) or B) she realizes for herself that this is the prime of her life and ruining it ruins her future. If neither of these things happens, all I can say is tat you shouldn't be her friend anymore. That sounds harsh but you don't want to surround yourself with people like this (believe me I've been there, in her shoes). The people she hangs out with don't care about anyone but themselves and she'll soon either be just like them or she'll realize their behavior. This fast lifestyle never has a happy ending. I pray for the best for her. As for what to say to her- just tell her bluntly that you hate to see her doing this to herself, and that her behavior hurts your feelings as a friend. Even if she is sensitive she should know. Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Worried... [ 14 Answers ]

I have been really stressed out lately and I am findind myself unable to go to bed until the early hours of the morning (even thiugh I am tired) and I am not able to eat properly either. At times I feel sick (but never am sick). Yesterday I went to work (on an empty stomach) as I just wasn't...

Should I be worried [ 6 Answers ]

My Question I'm A 41 Year Old Female I Came On My Cycle June 28 And I Went Off July 3 From July 5 Until Now I Been Spotting And Little Heavy . This Never Happen And I'm A Lil Scared Is It Normal.:(

Worried about a friend [ 5 Answers ]

This may be a long shot but can anyone tell me if a friend can be found by their e-mail address or mobile number? We were intouch with a friend in Athens up to 15 days ago when he last called us and we have not heard from him since, neither has his other friends we know. We are all becoming...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

View more questions Search