Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    envee505 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Was Potty-Trained now refusing to use the toilet what gives?
    Well my 2 year old has been potty-trained for about 3 weeks... using the restroom and having no accidents. Well we moved into a new house on Wednesday and all day yesterday she kept going in her pants. Today... she used the toilet twice... but just now she peed all over the floor again... am I expecting too much of her? I mean for the past 3 weeks she would tell us she needed the potty no problem... even the first 2 days we were in this house. But now it's a different story she just goes. I heard it could be the stress of moving to a new house but how long does that last? Any advice?
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2008, 07:08 AM
    The move could have thrown her and she is regressing. That is normal. I started training my daughter at 2. The first week she did fantastic. No accidents. After that first week, she totally stopped using the toilet. So, we didn't push it. We figured she just wasn't ready. We laid off for about 6 months. When she let us know she was ready, we tried again. At 2 1/2 she was trained.
    I wouldn't worry about it. The stress of the move could be why she is regressing or she may not be ready. Potty training, in my opinion, is done on the child's timeline - not ours. It is one of those things that can't be forced. Just don't stress and let her let you know when she ready.

Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 2 and a half yr old son won't be potty trained! [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 3 in may and he will not use the potty or the toilet! He is a very clever little boy I know that he knows what to do but getting him to do it is impossible... In the past week he has sat on the toilet and done a wee a couple of times, and then from there I have carried on letting him...

9yr old potty trained male now urinates [ 2 Answers ]

Hello - I need help! My 9 yr old male Miniature Pincher has been potty trained for the full 9yrs. He has never urinated in my house until now. He has been neutered for 8 yrs. We recently had to dog sit for a relative, the dog was also 9yrs old, potty trained and neutered and he stayed with us...

My son has just turnt 4 and he is nott potty trained.Any tips? [ 2 Answers ]

I've tried everything putting him in pants but he just does his business in there and it don't bother him in 1 bitt I've tried puttin him on potty every30 minutes don't help I don't no what to do.:mad:

Dog still not potty-trained 3 yrs old [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am in desperate need of advise. I have a 3 year old Weimaraner and have trouble with the dog "Chase" urinating in the house. I brought home Chase, a female on 2/14/04 from a well established breeder. I was taking Chase out to potty in the front yard and back yard for the first few...

Potty trained but occasionally urinate in the house [ 1 Answers ]

Our dog, 2 years old female Chihuahua, is potty trained and 99% of time, she goes out to the patio through a pet door where potty papers are always. The other day we found her urinate in our bed! First time! Hopefully last time. We thought dogs never pee where they sleep or eat. She even sleeps...

View more questions Search