Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RDS8020 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2008, 04:43 AM
    Need info on child custody for fathers
    I need help getting information to gain custody of my son, or legal visitation. I do pay child support, but I am not receiving any help from them. I fear my son is living in an unsafe environment. I have approached his mother with the idea, but since then she has changed phone numbers three times and I have not been able to consistently talk to my son. I usually get him for holidays and summers but I fear now she will not allow it. We live in different states as well. I really am lost please if anyone has any information that can be used, I am open to all suggestions thank you.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 07:06 AM
    It begins with your divorce decree, or separation agreement, if you were married. If you were not, you will need to petition the court where they live for visitation or custody. This is why there are lawyers, so get a referral for the best one in that community.
    Check this: Child Visitation: Frustration of Visitation Rights/Non-payment of Child Support Child Visitation Rig | DoItYourself.com
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 7, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Go to your local family court and inquire. Probably better if you go to an attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody/visitation rights for fathers [ 12 Answers ]

I have joint custody of my oldest son an want visitation rights to see my daughter an youngest son whom are from other relationships,what do I have to do to get these right,both are taking me to court for child support but I haven't seen my daughter at all an she is almost 2 years old,my youngest...

Fathers getting custody [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my husband were having a hard time when we first got married and in the first two months we were married my husband cheated and then we decided to work it out and then this girls told him that she was pregnant so now he is 3 and we have to go to court to see about getting sole custody and we...

More Fathers are getting custody? [ 20 Answers ]

How much truth is in this article, Why more Fathers are getting custody? This is my first time knowing that nowadays fathers mostly win the custody of their children over the mothers. A little surprised on this change of trend because usually mothers win the custody of the children. But happy...

Fathers rights and custody [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has a daughter with another woman whom he was never married to. She is one year old. He and his ex have never legally set anything up, they have just been doing things between the two of them, with no court involved. We have supported and helped her through everything. She is living in...

Is my sister my fathers child? [ 9 Answers ]

I guess what I really need is someone who can contact my father. His name is Bill, he died in 92. Last year, someone contacted me to tell me that she is my sister. My mother's child, she was given up for adoption when I was 5 years old. I don't know why I don't remember any of this. My...

View more questions Search