Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ambery21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 10:02 PM
    Signing ove my rights.
    I just wanted to know if I wanted to sign over my rights to a child would the mom have to agree to it and what would I have to do to do it? /

I don't talk to the mom. I've never seen the little girl in person just a picture in court. She is now 8 years old and I don't know nothing else about her.. :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 10:05 PM
    Yes, the mother and the judge would all have to allow you to give up your rights. Also giving them up ( unless the mom has a new partner to adopt) does not stop your child support, so you would merely give up your rights if she allowed it and if the judge also did, and still have to pay your child support, does not make any sense to give up rights and still have to pay.

I guess I have to ask, why you have not seen the child, did the court not give you rights to visit ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signing over rights what can we do [ 13 Answers ]

My husband is being served with child support papers and he hasn't seen the child since he was born because she ran him off and told him to leave and not come back now she is wanting child support we are wondering if there is anyway he can just give up all his rights and that be the end of it...

Signing away my rights? [ 71 Answers ]

I am an 18 yr old male in Michigan . I got my ex girlfriend pregnant right before we broke up. She refuses to get an abortion because she really hates me and wants to do this as revenge in her own words she wants to "take me for every dollar i have" . I have offered to pay for an abortion and she...

Signing over rights [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend signed over his rights last December and his ex's new husband adopted the little girl. He still had to pay child support, which the state of AZ took out of his paychecks, all the way up until a few months ago. His work finally received letters stating that the child support was...

Signing over rights [ 2 Answers ]

My son's biological father has been out of his life since he was a baby and he's 4yrs old now!. he's never been a dad/father... he doesn't pay his childsupport... My husband wants to adopt my son but the biological father wotn sign his rights over because of his EGO!. he cares too much what other...

Signing over rights [ 4 Answers ]

I have someone that wants to sign her baby over to me. Does that mean a Home Study has to be done? Or can paper work just be signed? :confused:

View more questions Search