Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angel1683 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 07:16 PM
    Have had power of attorney for 8 months & want to know how 2 go about getting custody
    My sister, who is 22 years old, has three children. She has an 8 year old, 5 year old, and 3 year old this year. Social Services was called on her a year ago January because of a situation involving the oldest child. The same day my sister gave the children to our mother. At the time I was living with my mother so I was helping her to take care of the children. I moved about a half hour away around April. In June, I took the will be 5 year old child and have had her since. I have power of attorney but it will expire at the beginning of February. My sister over this time has had very little to do with the children my mom has and almost nothing with the child I have. In the recent few months, my sister has moved back in with my mother and the 2 children. From what my mother has told me, she still has very little to do with the children. At the present time, my mother and sister are getting along and are wanting to take the child that I have back with them. I want to prevent that. The other problem I am running into is the 2 youngest children's dad is fighting for custody. How do I go about this?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 07:21 PM
    You have been very good to help your mother and sister; in fact, you have been an angel. But understand that a parent, or parents, have the right of custody to their children until it is modified by order of a court. So please continue being an angel and do not get possessive about your niece. Your sister, and the fathers, are holding all of the cards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power of attorney [ 3 Answers ]

Can you get a power of attorney for a person than can no longer write or comprehend what you are asking? The person is terminally ill, in hospice.

Power of Attorney [ 3 Answers ]

Can Banks refuse a legal Power of Attorney from authorized party?

Power of attorney [ 4 Answers ]

A friend, recently incarcerated in PA, was told by her mother that her grandmother left her a sizable inheritance (granny lived in NY). The mother now wants my friend to sign over power of attorney to her. While reading up trying to help my friend decide what to do (she is getting some negative...

Power of attorney [ 3 Answers ]

If I'm the power of attorney for my mother due to her illness can I file bankruptcy for her under my social security number for her.

Power of Attorney [ 2 Answers ]

If you have issued a power of attorney in the past, is there a time this expires? How do you revoke a power of attorney if you do not know if it is still in effect?

View more questions Search