Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mookieface0 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 09:18 PM
    Gardianship/custody/supervised visitation/neglect?
    I am a costodial for neither a blood child nor related child. There is a two year old grandaughter of my fiancé that got dropped on our door step because dyfs said that she was going to be put up for adoption to my fiance's son father of the child in question. This child has been through hell her mother severely neglected her used to leave her in ty diapers, crawl into her crib when she was drunk and puke and let the child sleep in it. The father was just as bad he would leave her in the high chair all day barely feed her and let her live in a community mens bording house with a community bath. After meeting with dyfs a few times they granted us living rights but them we went to court and fought for custody rights. Dyfs took the mothers full contact and rights away according to them gave us custody and closed the case. She had nothing no medical no clothes no shoes no bed nothing. Finally 7 months later the mother took us to court for supervised visits with her. The court granted her visits every Saturday. At this point the child had no idea who she was. This child was an perfect angel until the visits started now she is nasty and kicking and hitting. Not listening and purposely doing hurtful things to other children in the home. Now normally she loves this other child and does everything with her they are closer than sisters. But after each visit it takes 3 days to get her back to herself and 2 days later she goes back. So how do I reverse or get what I need to reverse parental visitation and gain or obtain full parental rights for this child. We would like to adopt her and take her in to our family. The parents neither one has a car, steady job or home neither pays any child support and the mother lost custody of all the other children and among whom one she doesn't even see. She thinks it's a game to just play with this little girl and go home to drink. The judge told her to get evalutaions and join a program. But no word on if she did. What can I do cause now this doesn't only effect one child it effects two.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2008, 09:33 PM
    Document everything and then go back to court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Supervised Visitation? Help! [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Maryland and my one-year old son's father has filed for joint legal custody. I am requesting sole custody with supervised visitation for him. He has destroyed property twice in my home (minor items but I have 2 police reports) plus left a bruise only ONE time when he grabbed my upper...

Requesting supervised visitation in NY State [ 2 Answers ]

What will a judge look at to order supervised visits for my four month old daughter and her father? He has 2 dwi convictions (4 arrests) and a stay in rehab which he did not complete, he was kicked out due to failing a drug test. I'm worried about my daughter's safety with him and I'm scared.

Define Supervised Visitation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a situation of a biological non-custodial parent that has supervised visitation. She had custody taken away due to neglect & other agency's findings. She does have supervised visits, and insist on trying to be alone with the child. Example, she will try to sneak out a door to take child...

Supervised Visitation [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I share joint guardianship (with another grandparent who hasn't been involved for 7 mths) of our two grandchildren. We located their father and have allowed him to have visits with them. Two weeks ago during their visit we were called by the children pleading to pick them up. Their...

View more questions Search