Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emily567 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Custody issue regarding non present father
    Hello I am very confused on a situation regarding my daughter. I gave birth 15 months ago. The father is my ex boyfriend who has not been present since pregnancy. He is not on the birth certificate and lives two states away. I do not want him coming back years later trying to have a relationship. Even though he has not been present and is not on the birth certificate can he still come years later if he decided he wanted to be a father to her? And if he can what steps should I take to prevent him from doing so?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 03:23 PM
    It all depends on what state you live in

Try checking out this site, it looks like it could be helpful:
    Child Custody Laws - Find Child Custody Laws
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 03:48 PM
    First he will have rights, after he proves he is the father by a DNA tests.
    There is no way o stop him if he decides to do it later. ( except of course fight him in court)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody issue [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if there was anything anybody could tell me about obtaining custody by using false pretenses. I really need to find out about this as quickly as possible.

Custody of my son, Father is present in sons life [ 16 Answers ]

Ok me and baby's father are not and have never been married, we both live in NC. He is present in my child's life but has a drug addiction. He keeps my son several nights a week but here lately me and my sons father have been arguing a lot. He has threatened to take my son away and not give him...

Father present at birth? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I was wondering if the father had to be present at the hospital to put his name on the birth certificate. I live in Mississippi

Child Support - Father not present for birth [ 5 Answers ]

The father was not present at the birth and did not sign the certificate or Acknowledgement of paternity. I am going to a lawyer about custody and visitation. What rights does the father have and can I still file for support? I'm 100% sure he won't deny paternity.

Custody issue. [ 3 Answers ]

I have custody of my niece's youngest three children. All of which are under the age of 3. She has 7 kids but doesn't have custody of any of them. While she was pregnant with the last 2 she was on drugs and constantly talked of getting an abortion because she did not want the kids. Once she had the...

View more questions Search