Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjshaz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 01:36 AM
    Respect for mothers
    Why do my kids have more respect for the abusive father rather than the loving mother?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 03:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tjshaz
    Why do my kids have more respect for the abusive father rather than the loving mother?
    If the abuser is treated with respect, he is less likely to cause them pain. You, as the non-abusive parent get to see their anger toward their father. The fact that they show you their true feelings is a good thing!

Let them know that you are on their side and that when they say mean things to you it hurts you. Tell them that you love them anyway and that it's OK to tell you how they feel about being abused. They may need counselling. Can you separate them from the abusive parent?
    kayleigh1989 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2007, 04:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tjshaz
    Well if it was me I would rather my mom than my dad because moms are very inportant because its mostly moms that bring you up not dads. And I think they should respect you more than there father
    tjshaz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 01:54 AM
    I left their father years ago and raised them with some contact with their father I never stopped them from seeing him, his new wife stopped the visits so the were few and far apart. They blame me because he stayed away
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 02:04 AM
    If you are being the best person you can be right now, the very best mom you can be then you have done all you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi with respect [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: I have a problem I want use Microsoft c and c++ But it don't work under windows 98 can I have windous98 and 3.1 together?how can I make my program exe in that? Thanks

Marrying a gril whose mothers surname is same as my mothers [ 4 Answers ]

I am jain, I love one girl from our caste ,her mothers family surname and my mothers family surname is same? Now I was was not knowng her until I met her , she is not related to me , yet everyone is sayng it will be like brother sister marriage! Also people talk about genetic problems due to...

What does respect mean to you? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has any advice on respect in relationships/friendships. I am thinking about respecting space, values, requests, etc. What does respect mean to you?

No respect [ 7 Answers ]

Well.. I have been dating this guy for 15 months now, and for the last two months his respect for me has gone down hill, and sometimes he doesn't call me for two days at a time to tell me where he is, or that he's okay. I have to Plan ahead of time when I can hang out with him, because his friends...

View more questions Search