Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lotz_of_Questions Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

Jun 15, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Little Girl.Sexual behavior
    I need advice on how to handle this.

My Hubby and I bought a house this past February, my brother in law and his wife some how are living with us now:mad: (no comment)! They have two kids, a little boy(1) and a girl (5). We don't have any kids.
    So a week before the big move, my in laws found the little girl(5) and a nephew(6), with their pants down. The little boy claimed the girl said she wanted to play mommy and daddy.
    One day my Hubby came home from work and the little girl had a doll, and pointed out to my hubby that she was touching the dolls pee pee. My Hubby just told her she should be doing that.
    About a month ago my Hubby was sitting on the couch watching TV and she went over to sit with him,and started rubbing his face telling him how cute he was, then she put her hand on his penis and told him that was his pee pee and my Hubby just stood up. My Hubby hasn't told my brother in law cause he doesn't know how.
    A week ago we had the same nephew over, my sister in law saw him on top of the girl (fully clothed) She asked both of them what was going on and the girl answered they were making a baby, she pulled up her dress and took a doll out.:eek:
    And just last night I was getting dinner ready, the girl and her mom were sitting on the couch and I could hear her saying booby booby this is your booby. So I looked and the girl was grabbing her mom's breast and the mother didn't say anything.:eek:
    Later in the night I was washing the dishing and she came over and gave me a hug just below my belly botton and she keep her hand on my butt, and started rubbing it. Her mother was standing right there and didn't say anything.
    I know there is SERIOUSLY something wrong with this girl. You might say that's how kids are but this girl seems like the only thing she can thing of is touching, sex and who knows what. Just by the way she acts you can tell there is something wrong.
    The problem is we don't know how to tell my brother in law about it. There have been many situations that both the parents don't know about including some of the ones I mentioned.
    What can I do? Since it's my house it's my business?

HELP:eek: :eek: :eek:
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 03:56 PM
    First I would ask the little girl who showed her how to do that, then depending upon her answer, I would talk to the parents or call children services. Maybe their daughter has seen a little too much from her parents it could be a simple as that or could be more also I would have the sister in law(that saw the 2 kids) present when iI decide to tell. Good luck
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 15, 2007, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotz_of_Questions
    There have been many situations that both the parents don't know about including some of the ones I mentioned.
    If you noticed it, why haven't her parents?? (I'm sure they have!) Maybe it's a case of the little girl's seeing more than she should or maybe it's a case of one of the parents telling her more than they should or maybe it's a case of someone showing her more than he should. Please mention it to the parents--"Your daughter is acting out sexually. It makes me very uncomfortable, plus she's much too young to be interested in such things. What gives?"
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 04:27 PM
    It's time for a 'family' meeting of the adults in the house. I think both parents need to be in on an honest, up-front conversation with both you and your husband. You should first discuss all incidents that do not include outsiders. If there is denial or anger, then the situations with the nephew that your in-laws witnessed. By the way, what is their take on all of this?

I get a sick feeling in my stomach reading this. Personally, if it was me, I would go with my gut. Deal with the child's parents first. If you are still left with a dirty taste then you have no option but to report to CPS. This little girl has experienced things she should not have experienced at her tender age, there is no doubt in my mind. She possibly still is. The faster you act, the faster she gets help. Talk to your husband about this, then hold a family meeting. The parents may be aware that she has been abused in the past or something and might need to know she is acting out. On the other hand, they may not be aware that she is being to exposed to someone that may be either fondling her or allowing her to see things that she should not be seeing. The third possibility is that one or both of her parents could be touching her inappropriately. Don't scoff or deny... if is a very real possibility and happens way too often in a lot of families.

According to statistics released in 1992 by the CCPCA, about 95% of child abuse victims knew the person who abused them. Please read this page before deciding that I am wrong: Advocates for Youth: Child Sexual Abuse - I think it will shock you. It's just not worth taking a chance... trust me on this. I have an adopted child who, at 16, is still suffering tremendously due to parental neglect and sexual abuse. Family members suspected something was wrong for over three years before the child was removed from the home. The damage will never be repaired.

I hope this helps. I know it's especially difficult when something like this involves family. The fact that you care enough to see symptoms of a deeper problem is wonderful. I really believe this child is in trouble.

Warm hugs,
    Didi
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Gramai the reason I suggested asking the little girl who showed her was because my daughter had a little friend that was acting out at my house and at school, the school and myself had a talk with the little girls mom around the same time. Mom had not been married to hubby long maybe 6 months and they convinced the little girl she was dreaming and she should not lie on the new daddy... anyway 2 years later the grandmother walked in on him messing with the child. I still wish to this day that I had spoken to the child myself, just maybe I could have saved her 2 years of hell. Now he is in prison wher he belongs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I so sexual? [ 10 Answers ]

Im a 20 year old college student. I was never really a sexual person. The thought of sex and having sex with random girls was never in my head. The first time I masterbated was in 8th grade, I only did it since "everyone else in my grade was". After that it was like I was addicted. I...

The girl of my dreams turn into the girl of my nightmare [ 6 Answers ]

We where going out for 5 years and it was great the first 2 years. We seen each other everyday and we love every minute of it. Then her mom found we were going out and try to make it bad for both of us. Then her mom put her in jail for stealing a key chain and running away from home when her mom...

Behavior [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir I want to know which of the followng is true and which is false about territorial behaviour in animals?please tell me why you say that and if it is possible give me an example too 1-it provides some protection from predators 2-increase intra-specific competition for food Thanks a lot

My Girl Left me over Sexual attraction [ 8 Answers ]

Ok so I was dating this girl that I'm in love with for 18 months. About six months ago I was diagnosed with HPV. SHe wasn't the one that gave it to me I think I had started showing small warts right before we met. I didn't know what it was and thought nothing of it. We were together for about a...

Behavior [ 3 Answers ]

Florida, Can anyone tell me how to go about getting a court order behavior order for my 17 yr daughter. She is currently not living at home and I need her to be here so we can access her for drug addiction and possible marchment act.

View more questions Search