When my daugther was born, her father was around for the first 3 months or so. She is now 9 months old. Although he only lives 10 minutes away, he never comes by to see her. He also never even calls to check on her. I have called in a few times in the past, and he always gives me the same answer of "I'm too busy to call." Apparently this man, who can't keep a job, can find better ways to pass his time other than checking on his daughter. He is on the birth certificate, and there are no custody/child support orders in place. Is there any way that I can get his parental rights taken away? As of now, if he so desired, he could go to the daycare that my daughter attends and take her with no questions asked. I need a legal document stating that I have sole custody of her. I live in Texas.