Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    mommyoftwins200's Avatar
    mommyoftwins200 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2
    Junior Member

    Oct 28, 2008, 08:16 AM
    I do not want my children to have visitation rights with their father.
    I have twin girls with a man who I was with for 3 years and engaged for 2. He is muslim and I am catholic which had a lot to do with why we split up. He has never seen his daughters or talked to them and they are 9 months old. He was cheating on me and got married to her and had a baby boy that is 2 1/2 weeks older then my girls. They live in Miami and I am in Chicago. I am in the process of going for child support, but I do not trust their father at all. He lied to me throughout the entire relationship, he even lied to me and said he was going to school for two years to be a firefighter and to find out he never went to school. And so much more. I just have this feeling that he will take my daughters away and I will never see them again. His father goes to Pakistan an awful lot. I am scared, what do I do?
    red4ruby25's Avatar
    red4ruby25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 28, 2008, 08:25 AM

    If you are very worried about your children then speak to the police and then confirm it with them
    Try to use their advise
    450donn's Avatar
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

    Oct 28, 2008, 02:32 PM

    Personally I would forget child support or anything else if you are that worried about this person.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Oct 28, 2008, 06:10 PM

    Getting or not getting support will not change his custody rights or his visits rights if he wants them

    Is he on the birth certificate? If so, if there is no custody order in place, and on the certificate he can just come in and take the child anytime he wants, since he has the same rights as you do to custody if he is listed on birth certificate and there is no custody order in place.

    Next if he is not on the birth certificate all he has to do is go to court for a DNA test.

    OK, you are not going to stop him from having visits, you would have to show he is a physcial danger to your child.
    isabelle's Avatar
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31
    Full Member

    Oct 30, 2008, 03:24 AM

    Some men are happy to stay away if they don't have to pay support.
    We can hope he is one of them. If he isn't seeing them now, maybe you shouldn't rock the boat.
    There will come a time when the children can say who they want or don't want to see. The age changes with different states, I think.

    I understand why you are scared.. I would be too.
    Again my advice is to contact a lawyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father providing for children during visitation [ 4 Answers ]

In Minnesota does a father leagally have to provide clothes, diapers, etc. for children when he has them for visitation every other weekend or does the mother have to pack and send these things with the children?

Visitation rights as a father [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 8months baby that lives with the mother right now... there was a problem with me and the baby mother mom... so now she took that against me and I haven't seen my baby since August, I'm worry for my child because of crazy grandmother but I need to know how to get my visitation rights the...

Visitation rights of a father [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 7month old daughter and her father is a truck driver. He is having issues with me moving on with my life, what are his visitation rights to see her? Is it every other weekend or can he take her every time he is home?

Father visitation rights [ 4 Answers ]

I use ti live in Va so is my daughter, my ex moved to Texas with my daughter. I live now in Florida. The mother refuse to let me see my daughter just because she has custody . How can I get visitation with my daughter... I miss her so much:confused:

Visitation rights of the father [ 7 Answers ]

My ex girlfriend will not let me see my 2 young sons. I am paying child support and all I want is to be able to see my sons. What can I do in order to get visitation rights? I would like to pick them up every other weekend at least. What are my rights?

View more questions Search