I am wondering if it is possible and legal to collect child support for a child that is already grown? I never married my oldest daughter's father and didn't pursue child support because I was afraid that it would force me to allow him unsupervised contact. At the time, her safety was the most important thing. He has verbally acknowledged paternity but has never provided anything for her. I would like to file for child support now as I feel he should be held accountable for not supporting her in any way her entire childhood. Much of that time, I was a single parent and struggled which put me in a financial whirlwind. Today, I do OK, but live paycheck to paycheck. My daughter became a young mother and so now I am also trying to help her with my grandchildren. I would like for her father to be held accountable... it is about time that he own up to his responsibility.:confused: